Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm up to 40, levelling is p smooth. I tried PVP but it seems like it's for tryhards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Is the marketplace screwed for anyone else? I was going to check out this soul shield primer business but I can't search for anything and nothing shows up under the categories. The only way I can get items to appear is to basically do a blank search and then its one big list.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yea its been like that for a while now

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
I think NCSoft had some internal issues across their whole platform yesterday. There was downtime to fix it in bns at least, I assume their other games had it too.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Drythe posted:

Yea its been like that for a while now

Well that seems bad for whatever shadow of a player economy this game has.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm surprised so few people play this. The gameplay's p fun, a nice change of pace from WoW style clickers, and the game itself is real pretty and has lots of nice stuff for dressups.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, I always kind of wished this one had been more successful because it's actually fun. But NCSoft ruins everything they touch, what can you do?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I think not launching it three years after the eastern release and right before bdo would've helped.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Didn't they kill CoH for this?

And then held it back in favor of Wildstar?

NCSoft is full of geniuses, I tell you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Airspace posted:

Didn't they kill CoH for this?

No.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I believe them holding it back in favor of Wildstar was true, though I can't say that with any certainty since it's been so long. It's also supposed to be one of the reasons it took so long for GW2 to get actual expansions.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I enjoyed B&S but it has too many Asian MMO design decisions that make it hard for me to play for long.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Argas posted:

I enjoyed B&S but it has too many Asian MMO design decisions that make it hard for me to play for long.
I did as well, and I never encountered a Korean MMO endgame routine that isn't a punishing voluntary job and I've long since given up trying

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The game is very fun if you want a good leveling experience and fun combat.

Its awful if you want to jump into end game raids without dropping cash

If you just enjoy running dungeons and progressing super slow then its still good.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Yo I got a Hongmoon 11 +1000 AP and a Hongmoon 7 +850 AP anyone have a guild that runs purples and such?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I'm in some rando pubbie guild that has a mostly English speaking community, which is a God drat miracle in this game.

They do bt but uhhhh, not very well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Raven King gave me a haircut

noveria
Feb 24, 2015
Crimson faction chat on Zulia (assuming probably others as well, but ceru outfits are ugly so I wouldn't know) and the subreddit have been melting down since they released the patch notes including the Radiant Energy change. Just a heads up in case anyone else enjoys watching people get very mad at video games, enjoy.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

It was annoying when it was 10g since I bought probably 600g worth at 12g/ea

Now at 15g I get to make a profit :getin:

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
I made a summoner the other day and I think I’m lvl 18 now. It’s kind of fun, but I think I’d enjoy a different class more. I just kind of stand around while my cat does all the work. I’d call it a decent game though.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

If you want a class that presses all the buttons, play KFM.

PadreScout
Mar 14, 2008
Only if the NPC still calls me "cricket" that was really endearing, until you know.... he stopped calling me cricket. At least I think it was a he, honestly it's loving hard to tell.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Read the letter cricket!

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

PadreScout posted:

I made a summoner the other day and I think I’m lvl 18 now. It’s kind of fun, but I think I’d enjoy a different class more. I just kind of stand around while my cat does all the work. I’d call it a decent game though.

Echoing KFM as a good choice if you want to feel more involved, assassin is also good for that. The melee classes in general tend to be more dynamic/involved overall, though, so you could probably pick any of them and feel a big difference. I personally think KFM is the most fun class in the game though!

If you like being ranged and the idea of having a summon, try Warlock instead. Their thrall isn't permanent, and only has a few commands (Q/E/Tab are the only ones you control on demand - you customize their other skills within the skill tree and they use the chosen skill automatically when conditions are met, rather than manually like summoner commanding cat) so you don't end up with half of your skill bar being pet/pet support abilities, meaning your actual player character skill rotation is a bit more involved.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Is gunslinger in the game yet?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yes

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also warlock is always wanted for groups since the thrall gives a powerful buff

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nvm

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 28, 2017

Greggorian
Feb 28, 2003
Teh Slacker King
I have a Blade and Soul giveaway pack which includes:

Finite Challenge Costume
Traditional Hongmoon Dragon Soup (x5)
Hongmoon Brilliant Key
Hongmoon Unsealing Charm (x20)
Hongmoon Key (x20)

Got it from humble bundle, PM me if you want it.

Edit: Gone, enjoy

Greggorian fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 7, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pmed

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Drythe posted:

Also warlock is always wanted for groups since the thrall gives a powerful buff
What is it? I liked playing Warlock a lot before I quit

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Soul burn yo

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

what server are goons on int his stupid dead game now that they got merged?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Drythe posted:

Soul burn yo
oh i thought you meant a new passive or something. SB ruled

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

SB is ridiculous and needs nerfed honestly. It makes a single class a literal must have in any group doing difficult content.

Also I'm on zulia, guy who was asking.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Drythe posted:

SB is ridiculous and needs nerfed honestly. It makes a single class a literal must have in any group doing difficult content.

Also I'm on zulia, guy who was asking.

thanks. i quit when warlock released since my friends all bounced off BNS. how are soul fighter and gunslinger?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

My two characters are SF and Gunslinger

They are both awesome because all I need to do is hold rmb and get top dps

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I got a free 50 gunslinger out of that promo event thing recently. Well, I got the email and did whatever to get it anyway.

Might try briefly playing this again since as you folks say, RMB is a lot better than all that fiddly crap the launch classes had.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I made a Sword Master with my free level 50 ticket. I actually am finding them a lot more effective and fun than Gunslinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just hit buttons and swords and fire and stabbing happens and bodies pile up all around me.

• Locked thread