Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amante
Jan 3, 2007

En Fuego posted:

I've been playing as a Blade Master and have had a lot of fun. I was talking to a friend about it, and he's interested but wants to know if there are any 'gun' classes. I know NPCs have guns, and one of the splash screens have a Catgirl holding a minigun, but can you actually have guns in this game?
There was a gun-using class in a very early version of the game, but it didn't make it. Supposedly, the next new class (after Chi Master, which KR just got) will be something people have wanted for years. That probably narrows it down to archer or gunner, as there's no physical ranged class and people have long requested one.

Amante fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

And now I join a skittering tunnels, 2 people die in that initial pull and someone immediately drops, someone else says "too many low levels" and drops afterward

holy poo poo this community is awful
Protip: don't remotely consider grouping for anything lower than a purple dungeon. Everything (including the purples) is soloable.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Herux posted:

Looking to start up this MMO with a buddy. If we are NY what server would be best to join with openings in the goon guild?
I believe all US servers are in the same Texan data center, so check the servers with goon guilds in the OP and go with whatever.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

A few things can be kinda rough for F2P, like inventory space later on. I will say that as much as I like the game, some troubling signs are emerging in terms of how they're handling F2P and the cash shop. It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Det_no posted:

I dunno. Hadn't played an mmo in a couple years but they seem pretty loving stingy with player services considering how hard they are whaling.

No money drops without premium.
No free wardrobe.
Two measly character slots.
Character bound outfits.
No player mailing unless you've paid (what the gently caress, seriously).
Insanely expensive outfits, not to mention RNG boxes. (Plus that puffy coat was free in taiwan through an event, according to a friend.)
Limited AH listings.
Limited inventory.
Training tickets, character appearance tickets, weapon skins and other consumables.
The disappearance of outfit salvaging, so you can't craft more stuff with fabric.
lovely spin dash with nary any important items.
The whole premium bonus experience/money/etc thing AND tiers of premium, to boot.

Like... holy poo poo, dude. Laughing at the guy that blows a thousand dollars in boxes is a jolly good time but you'd think they'd do premium OR RNG boxes OR super expensive outfits, not all of it at the same time.

They might or might not make changes once they see how much money they can reliably pull but right now they are pretty heavy handed about it.
I get that the Korean version is the original, and subscription based, but what about the Taiwanese and Chinese versions? The little I've read makes it sound like they're getting a better deal than us on a lot of stuff.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

chumbler posted:

0.1% drop items are poo poo, actually. Especially when they are something that has zero possible impact on the game's economy. The fact that MMO players are broken people doesn't mean that's actually a good system.

There is no accomplishment in luck.
Droprates for items should never go lower than 1% imo. That's already rare enough if your luck is bad (and mine often is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Since OMC is apparently dead... what are the servers with active Goonmanship at the moment?

• Locked thread