Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

mushroom_spore posted:

Thanks! Looks like it is mostly skin changes, but I think I could probably design something fun using one of the fatter bodies. That one face looks like a panda. :3:

You can also buy/find clothes and hair for your cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

If it's on the same hard drive as your previous install, it should be fine. You can use the saved templates across all of the different versions of the game.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Choosing your name comes at the end of character creation, so yes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It's not. Buy in if you want the non-headstart bonuses. Non-headstart launches on the 19th.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pierson posted:

How so? Just in dungeons/arenas like Warcraft's Dungeon Finder, or will players in a group be brought into the same instances?

Players in the same group go into the same instance, and there is also the cross-server group finder for dungeons and arenas. The dungeon finder even puts you in a neat little lobby, complete with guy who accepts turn-ins for all of your dungeon dailies and a shop so you can repair and restock easily, with a few other groups. So you can sit around and chill with people from any server while you wait for your groupmates to get ready for repeated runs.

And before you get put it in a group, the dungeon finder has a big chat channel, meant for group invite-links that you can simply click on to join their group if there's room.

BnS really wants it to be easy for you to play with people, no matter what your server population is like.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There are also a shitton of costumes and accessories that you can get for free from boss token roulette, direct boss drops (open world and dungeon), faction tokens, and quest rewards.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Character creator is the good All The Sliders kind.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Are costumes like a single item that changes your whole look, or do you have multiple slots?

Body slot for the main outfit, and head slots for hair/hats and masks.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

It did not.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

All NA region servers are unlocked.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Are you sure about this? I can't find that anywhere.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

No no no no, that means that if your premium lapses, you will retain that premium rank when you reactivate it. Your rank determines the bonuses that you get when you have an active premium subscription.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

For example on the Block skill that gives hp back, it says Readies Perseverance, what does that mean?

When a skill says "Readies X", it means that using that skill lets you use the second skill afterwards.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, only Red/Blue are mutually exclusive factions. Every other faction is simply a matter of finding and wearing their uniform, from drops, quests, and specific vendors.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

KFM feels really satisfying when you pull off counter combo chains

Wait til you hit 22 and can kick stunned/dazed people into the air and eventually grapple them in midair.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

can anyone elaborate on Leading Palm for KFM? Tia

What don't you understand about it?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

can anyone elaborate on Leading Palm for KFM? Tia

Oh, ok, I get what you meant now. That skill and its follow-up skills are a serious case of inconsistent translations.

After using it, you can use Searing Palm. With training points, Searing Palm applies an effect to you that can be stacked 4 times. The skill description calls this effect three different things: Searing Palm Stage, Unrestrained Stage, and Unleashed Stage. :psyduck: Searing Palm also applies a debuff to the target, which is probably also called multiple names.

So basically, you can't get the most out of using Leading Palm until you learn Searing Palm. And NCsoft needs more editors.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Dress-up is the real endgame of every MMO.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Karistar posted:

I thought people only farmed Pincy for the scorpion tail. Unless that's what you're talking about.

People farm Pinchy because its female outfit just puts your rear end right out there.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Lemming posted:

Edit: Lmao their counter lasts 1 second with a cooldown of 1.3 seconds, so you have .3 seconds + lag to hit if they just stand there

There's a variant of Counter that has zero cooldown, deals more counter-damage, goes through your defensive skills, increases our crit rating on a counter, and also elbows you in the face even if we mistime the counter. The big drawback to it is that it doesn't give us the 1-second stance of the other Counter types, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

You might want to get Iron Shoulder's knockback effect back, because it is one of the ways you trigger Smite, aka the Shoryuken, which gives you another way to close the distance and launch dudes into the air at the same time. You can even spec it to be AoE so you grab everybody and take them to space.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I played KFM in China with a ping almost twice that. You'll be fine.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Some outfits are the same between genders.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

No, you shouldn't count on getting brilliant keys from the boxes. Just keep running the dungeon and hope for the drop directly, or keep using your regular and hongmoon keys.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

What outfit is this, I need it for a future male gon destroyer with a burly voice that has princess in the name.

My Angel. It was just added to the cash shop. And speaking of the cash shop, the single-tone version of Pohwaran's hair has also been added.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Skylight posted:

Is it normal for blade dancers to be squishy in dungeons early on? (Specifically, Chapter 20, Adder's Nest, with GODDAMN DODAN AND HIS LACKEY :argh: as your battle buddies)

Also that dungeon is not meant to be finished by a single person. It's a 6-person dungeon.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Skylight posted:

...Seriously, even the plot version where you have to bust the morons out of there?

Yup. You can check dungeons on the map. Dungeons that are meant for a group have a magnifying glass icon by their name, and if you mouse over it, it shows if that dungeon is meant for 6 or 4-man parties.

You can do it, like you can solo the dungeons in Jadestone village, but it's not as easy as actual solo dungeons.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 30, 2016

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Eimi posted:

E: Also is there any move for KFM that gives hp back beyond Headbutt? I really appreciated having Shoulder Tackle as a BM, because I'm bad and need healing.

There are a lot of skills that KFM can spec to recover health. Right now, I have spec'd grapple so that whenever I hit the guy I am grappling, I recover 3% of my max health. That is per hit, period. If I hit with the three normal attacks, then the three-hit skill, that's 18% of my health back right there. Rising Dragon can also be spec'd to recover 10% of your max health if it hits.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Do you want the wardrobe storage? If yes, get premium.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Rumor has it that the NA/EU designer rewards will swap when a new round of Daily Dash starts.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

2-3, it seems.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Anything to help Moonwater stones drop in price faster.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

HapiMerchant posted:

I actually can't recall Shin Gong referring to him/herself at all in either way, It's always "I will" or "i need you to"

It's more that other NPCs use feminine pronouns. "You wouldn't believe the vocabulary she has!"

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That is some inhuman animation cancelling.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The fabric grab bag is just some exclusive costumes. If you are fine with tossing that much gold at a chance for one of them, go for it. Then again, when the currency exchange is finally turned back on, prices for fabric are most likely going to change, and since those grab bags aren't going anywhere, you might be better off just biding your time.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

NCsoft disabled the in-game function where players can buy NCoins and place sell orders on them, so you can spend in-game money to get NCoins directly from other players. They said they re-enable it later on.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nah, when asked, they said they'll be sold in valentine's bundles.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The update added more things to use stones and tears on.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Nurel posted:

shes got a wide rear end dude

Nothing wrong with a big rear end, brah.

Orv posted:

Why would respawning at the location I died require a load screen, much less spawn my character in to be killed before I finish loading. What the hell KoreaChinaany game at all.

If you're getting killed in pvp, respawn with 3 instead of 4, so you respawn without your faction clothes on and so you can't immediately die again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, the personal reward chest at the end has a weapon chest and accessories in it.

• Locked thread