Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

This game seems pretty cool but I have no idea what I am doing. I made a guy on Mushin and got him to like level 10, but then I wanted to try another class and when I went to make him it said there was like a 45 minute queue on that server. Is there a frequent queue on Mushin during primetime? Also, since apparently the guild on Mushin server is full would I be better of going to the other server listed in the OP (Jiwan)? I am also having a hard time deciding what class I want to play, which usually isn't a problem for me. I have tried out Destroyer and Kung Fu Master both to level 10, but Assassin also looks cool. If I wanted to try out the Assassin I would have to delete one of my other guys though since I can only have 2 guys without paying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

I have tried Summoner and Destroyer now, and got both to 15... And I have to say, I am not super impressed with either.

The Summoner feels like I have a single good damaging ability [my RMB], while my Destroyer... I dunno, I feel like I do way less damage than the summoner, while also being more complicated. I also am having trouble with learning what I should actually do when I grab things on the Destroyer. I mean I mostly hit F like 3-4 times and then hit z to slam them down, then RMB, but it feels like basically everything is surviving that full combo, and then hitting me a bunch.

Maybe I'm just expecting things to die too quickly?

I'm not enjoying having to facetank things though.

I am also playing a Destroyer but I have had the opposite experience of yours - I completely annihilate all enemies I come across very quickly and I have never once had to eat. Are you keeping your weapon upgraded? I did the same rotation you describe, and while it wouldn't literally do 100% of a mob's life in damage, I would only have to throw 1 or 2 attacks out to finish them off. Keep in mind that Wedge (F when you have them grabbed) heals you, as does your slam move. Once you get Piledriver at 22, you actually do start 100%ing mobs down and it looks cool as gently caress.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Im still in the mid 20s but I picked up some of the Grab talents. One of them increases the duration to like 6 seconds which is really nice for groups since you can just pick up the boss and hold them still for the full 6 seconds while everyone beats on them, and when the grab is about to expire just throw them up and piledriver.

• Locked thread