Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hope this game does well enough to not die a month in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I assume all the founders stuff is per account, not per character?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do we get to make characters for name reg or no?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Black Desert is coming out in January?

Also, we're rolling on Mushin, right?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Well I deleted and remade my guy so hopefully that doesn't gently caress up how they distribute items.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SUPER TURBO and HYPER FIGHTING claimed on Mushin.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Did we find out if they hosed up those XP soups yet?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's better to deal with a queue every now and then for the first month than it is to deal with playing on a completely empty server.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Isn't the queue only 20 minutes long? Bailing on the best server because of a short wait once a night seems stupid.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just deal with the queue time you babies. Splitting the population always sucks.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm not sure where you guys are getting three hours from. My buddy got cutscene glitched like 20 minutes ago and he just got in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Where are you guys putting your points in Destroyer as you're leveling up? I tried Hurricane and wasn't impressed, but after maxing out trees for LMB and RMB I can kill basically anything in under a second if I animation cancel.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Innerguard posted:

What is the class distribution looking like so far, from what those who have managed to get logged in and active can see?

I'd guess Blademaster / Assassin at the top with KFM at the bottom but unsure - thoughts?

I've done a shitload of dungeons and I've only been grouped with a Summoner like twice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You guys like Eradicate more than the other Destroyer RMB options?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RPZip posted:

Guilds and guild chat are, but the guild population cap is very very low. There won't be a consolidated goon guild on one server, it'll have to be many.

I'm not saying don't play on the server with people you want to play with: I'm saying putting the guild on the ultra overcrowded server was dumb.

Mushin was/is the smartest place to play. Flaming him for putting the guild on the server that's still going to have an active population in a few weeks is retarded.

People are making a way bigger deal out of the queue times than they deserve. You sit through a 20-30 minute queue once and then never have to worry about it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RPZip posted:

:shrug:

I'm not trying to blame cathead for this, it is what it is and trying to swap it after name reservation (when there was hard data) might have been tough because of the name reservations. It does suck, though.

Fair enough, I guess. The game has been perfectly stable for most people, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I just broke the main quest. It's telling me to "Check Soha's tab" but there's no marker to interact with anywhere on my map. Does anyone remember this part? It's in Chapter 22 of Act 2.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Frick, even after a relog my main quest is fuckered. It's telling me to check Soha's tab, but there's nothing marked on my map. Does anyone remember this quest? Where's the interactable?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

HapiMerchant posted:

it's either on the table right in front of her OR it's in your inventory, irrc

gently caress I'm stupid lmao, thanks mate. At least I got a bunch of school poo poo done during the wait.

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 17, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

sinewave posted:

whats wrong with having a character the size of a pea in pvp? bottom out all those sliders in character creation dawg

Everyone I've met that plays a rabbit person is a weird peophile. It sucks that they get exclusive classes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a write-up on professions you guys can recommend?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, it ends up costing a shitload to level your jewellery/weapons. Even ignoring the cost of mats, the service fee ends up being way too expensive.

Like, why does it cost 8 silver to eat a level 38 blue ring, but a level 36 purple necklace only costs 20 copper?

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 18, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's a bitching axe skin to go with my cowboy costume?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

How hard would you all say BM or BD are to play well (in PvE, insofar as such a thing matters) compared to Assassin? Thinking about buying a character slot to roll one until I want to play 'sin again.

No class in this game is hard enough to justify not playing if you think they look cool.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The blade dancer has more lightning I think, but you're playing the gross pedophile race and I don't think they get the crazy sword summoning thing blade masters get. I'd recommend just sticking to one class and leveling it to 45 so you can actually do the fun stuff in this game, though.

EDIT: Never mind I got confused, Blade Master has the thing where you Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur stance and shoot lightning so they definitely look way cooler.

fadam fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jan 20, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's kind of lame how you can't talk/emote with people in the PvP Arena.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Practice.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What does BD have that makes them immune to all my CC? I feel like half the time I try and stun them they resist it. Is there a visual tell for it?

I like the PvP in this game, but I really wish they would let you use a standardized model or something. I have a hard time seeing the specific animations on the Pedophile race or the smaller humans if they're far away.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I assume the spin is the swirly purple thing? I swear they've resisted me without that up, but maybe I'm just crazy. Thanks for the help!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a good write up for what each class has in terms of cc and escapes for PvP? I feel like I'm always being blindsided by stuff, and I'm not sure how to play around certain classes.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Anyone have any tips for a rotation/build for leveling FM?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You absolutely shouldn't be taking the AoE upgrade for Pvp because the only way you're going to kill anybody good is by animation cancelling lb/rb into stunned opponents.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What build are you guys using for Destroyer PvE? I feel like other than maxing LMB and RMB nothing is a must take.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's the deal with this Invitation from Poharan quest? I'm 45 but I never got it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Monster Mash posted:

You should have gotten it as a letter as soon as you hit 43. Did you stop doing story quests or anything?

Nope, I just finished the MSQ like five minutes ago.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I screwed something up with the Invitation from Poharan quest. I either never got it or got it and deleted it accidentally. I put in a ticket, hopefully they can help me out.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lemming posted:

I thought I had screwed that one up to, but I was eventually able to join the cross-dungeon thing for that quest after I cleared it once using only the local party finder and buying and equipping that dumb sword. Might be worth a shot.

Which dumb sword?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang that's sick. Thanks for the offer fellas.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So did everyone switch to blue on Mushin? What's the new guild called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Destroyer is the most honest class in the game.

• Locked thread