Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Stormgale posted:

Eu Goons (or just the other EU Goon) Any opposition with going RED FACTION

Not much here, on the other hand I'm trying to mentally decide between Destroyer or Blade Dancer as a first character and I'm wondering if I just want the first founder's pack or if I want to go full swing and turn into some kind of Yasuo knockoff.

Actually, is there a pirate costume in game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

cathead posted:

Yeah the premium points just decide what level of bonuses you get when you have premium running. Here's a handy chart.

At this point the $25 pack just gives you headstart and some lovely titles.

Eh, I'll probably end up getting that because I'm an impatient baddie.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

Embrace consumerism to fill the emptiness inside you.

I bought Wildstar, I have already made some of the worst monetary decisions as is, but at least this one won't be too much of a bad idea.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

You know what feels good? Defeating Pokey solo for the first time!

I know that feeling, though I thought Pokey was supposed to be hard?

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

linall posted:

So far the only complaints I have about the game are Blade Dancers are Lyn only and NCSoft is involved in the running of the game. Other than that, game seems real fun.

Are you dissing Lalafells? Because that might sound like dissing Lalafells.

Then again Lalafells are not in anyway even similar to Elin thankfully.

Krakatoah fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 17, 2016

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

The bid system is one of my favorite ways to make money, I love forcing a bidding war on an item a pubbie really wants, forcing him to shill out a bunch of silver, then getting part of the take.

So...wait what, you can force a bid war on an item and then take the pubbie's money afterwards? Huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Correct, the way the loot system works, people bid al la auction style on items they want. When someone wins, it splits the money they bid on the item between the rest of the group. Makes it fun to do dungeons especially when I don't want anything, just to take other people's money and drive prices up. I usually can make 10-15s per dungeon doing this in the earliest dungeons, and I'm sure it gets better from there.

It's quite satisfying when a weapon someone needs for the breakthrough on their Hongmoon weapon drops, and you make them pay ten times what they would have had to pay otherwise. They get VERY mad, especially because they KNOW you don't need it, you're just loving them.

That and at least for the Blackram Narrows you can get the same breakthrough material from the chest at the end, this sounds like something I should go do more often.

• Locked thread