Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

cathead posted:

As far as I know there's nothing like that in the game.

The official site posted:

Be careful, some Transmutation recipes do have a chance to fail, and will destroy your crafting components.
So normal crafting can fail, but not the fusion upgrade stuff you'll actually care about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

I said come in! posted:

I'm just gonna wait a week or so to finally play. This is a flavor of the month game and the population will die down real fast.

I think I'll be doing the same... after tonight. I've almost made it through the 5k pub queue, so I'll at least get a taste.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

KittyEmpress posted:

I wish there was a gun-fu class inthis. All the enemies shooting guns at me makes me really want to be those enemies.

There was
Too bad it got scrapped, there are still a few references to it in the files though.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

HapiMerchant posted:

Further edit: The hairstyle is available for female lyns, yes (well, the ears are. iunno about the hair proper). They've stated all NPCs were made using the character creator, even the generic mobs so it stands to reason it should be?.

SpaceDrake posted:

The ears/tail are easy enough to find, but that hairstyle is actually flat-out not available at character creation.
Going to go ahead and straight up confirm that NPCs use settings that are unavailable in the character creator. I've been working on a npc -> preset exporter and its not just hair styles and other selectables, but the actual sliders are sometimes set beyond the race/gender limits. For example, NPC_GattlingGunGirl has shoulders that are smaller than the minimum.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

I figured that was the case; some of the Bamboo Guard folks obviously break the sliders. It's a bummer about that hair, but I suppose I can live with getting close. Hopefully it gets added in later.

(Also, if the NPC Shin Gong in Razorwing Ravine, at the Jaofang Village and Bleachbone Outpost, exports cleanly aside from the hair, I'd love to get my hands on that preset. :) )

I'll look into it, but it'll take a bit since the internal naming scheme is a complete mess of camelcase romanized korean shorthand that references locations rather than names and I'll have to actually play the game and get to that zone to narrow thing down.

EDIT: a screenshot might make things go faster though

Reicere fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Feb 3, 2016

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

Though the individual NPCs are defined in the client-side files? Interesting.
Sorry, It looks like my files don't actually have that npc in them... Everyone in that outfit is a man, and no LynF with those glasses has that eye dot thing.
...which makes this whole project kind of pointless now that I think about it.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

It speaks to the flexibility of the character creator, I suppose, though it sort of leaves anyone wanting to imitate that look up the creek.
In this case, the only detail other that the costume that can't be gotten with the editor was the mouth... It was a full 5 points higher than the LynM max.
And since I did turn out to have its files, Here's the preset. Only things touched by human hands were the hair and tail.

Fun fact: The editor treats eyelashes as a type of beard
Eyelashes are called beards and beards are called meshbeards

Reicere fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 6, 2016

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

SpaceDrake posted:

(Though I am a little surprised by the size of the pupils - they seem a bit smaller than 14, looking at Gong in-game. If you say they're right, tho)
Those eyes. It's actually the reason I didn't catch the whole gender issue. I had loaded him up partially just in case, but since the eyes seemed way too large I didn't bother finishing it.
I can only guess that the custom pose or expression has really wide eyes.

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Magical Zero posted:

Actually I'd say Force Master is one of the most latency dependant classes since you need to constantly animation cancel with LMB+RMB. If you can't reliable do that your DPS takes a major hit.

It's even more important in PvP since you're so reliant on the Impact 1-sec stun combinations.

Does that really count as cancelling... From what I can tell FM's abilities other than furies and beams don't actually block anything. Is there some combo that performs better than just hammering r t and 1 together six times a second?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reicere
Nov 5, 2009

Not sooo looouuud!!!

Magical Zero posted:

That's what everyone is calling it at least. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that since lmb+rmb aren't affected by the same "global" cooldown you should use them after and before pretty much every ability. Spamming Impact for damage seems like terrible idea since you only want to detonate at 5 ember and/or 1 frozen.

Yeah, FM is less about combos and more about weaving situational stuff into the main cycle. As for impact, it can be spec'd into a single target attack that doesnt detonate embers and exploits freeze without removing it. So if you set LMB to auto detonate ember, and keep RMB able to chill you will end up with a permanently frozen enemy and constant big damage... unless another FM still using impact shows up.

• Locked thread