Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Velveteen posted:

The download for the new client for headstart/launch is ready for download. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/name-reservation-january-11/

Don't forget to fire it up for the patch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Velveteen posted:

Faction insignia are from PvP right? I wouldn't mind grinding some insignia at head start to help level the guild but I'm not a big fan of world PvP. If we can get a group farm going I wouldn't feel so bad.

Just sit by the place where the two faction dudes are in the first village and kick the poo poo out of all the newbies that put on their SWEET NEW BLUE CLOTHES without reading the description or understanding it. That should be good for a week worth of tears and easy insignia.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Eimi posted:

Ah glad to hear that. Now if only there was an invisible fist weapon glamour, because my biggest worry is dress up with stupid big rear end gauntlets ruining stuff in a way a sword/dagger doesn't. :v:

From what I've seen so far, your best bet is probably to grab the Stone gauntlets at some point way in the beginning of the game, either from a drop or a crafter, and slap that glamour on your Hongmoon and leave it there. I haven't seen anything less-overdone than that yet, though I'd kill of a pair of fingerless gloves as a KFM weapon.

On a related note, I desperately want to try and make a ginormous Gon KFM Hulk Hogan again even though it didn't go well in beta. I'd try a Destroyer instead but it just doesn't have the right Hulkamania feel.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

yergacheffe posted:

I made a KFM Gon with All The Sliders To The Right. It's the worst since your character blocks half the screen and your target all the time. For a class that's as reactive as KFM, it sucks not being able to see what your opponent is doing! I changed the camera settings to zoom out as far as possible and offset to over-the-shoulder, which helps a little.

At least my fist is the size of your average Lyn.

This is exactly what I did and exactly what the problem was with doing it. But idk I still somehow kind of like the idea. I'm a dumb sometimes.

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Eimi posted:

Yeah only other thing that looks decent is Deva gauntlets but those are not subtle or subdued. I wonder how the Stone Gauntlets look with something like Regium Corvus however. Best would be fingerless gloves or just invisible weapon.

I hate that every kung fu game makes the fist fighter have some kind of ugly weapon. I mean the fantasy of a monk or whatever is that you don't need a weapon to break someone and it's about searching for a new technique than +5 weapon damage. :v:

I don't recall the game in question but I did once play an MMO where the unarmed class just didn't have a weapon, and your base damage just increased per level in a fashion very similar to weapon progression. The downside is you didn't get to pick up a purple weapon a couple levels early, but it worked out well enough.

There was another where all the weapons for the monk were just various sorts of bandages you'd wrap your hands/forearm in for basic protection. That was pretty cool, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Mayor McCheese posted:

You're playing an anime game, what's with all this talk about trying to get smaller discreet weapons. Get the biggest gently caress off dumb poo poo looking weapon you can get your hands on.

Because I don't like that poo poo. I'm playing a Wuxia game, I want Chinese martial arts style swords. My personal ideal is a nice jian. Preferably with a pommel tassle, like so:

As for our KFMs, I'm sure it's because they'd rather punchmans with their BARE FURIOUS FISTS. :black101:

EDIT: Also, TBH, the blade dancer attack style looks dumb as hell with large weapons, but totally badass with light, nimble blades.

Zizi fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 31, 2016

• Locked thread