Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait so even if the cap is 45 the story quests are going up to level 50?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

No. current story ends as act 4 starts, with You accepting mushin's offer to travel the dark side and get your chi and dark chi balanced to get more power. Everyone at 45 currently has "A letter from Yuran" that they cant progress on.

Well thats the thing, the game naturally takes you into the darkside. You dont get to pick a side till the rest of the story.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

So what's this thing I keep hearing that LBD is 'bad' DPS? I was under the impression there was no 'required' party comps in BnS, even at 50 content. I keep getting kicked from 4man poharan for being an LBD?

The community is poo poo. But doesn't the party finder prevent you from being kicked as long as you aren't disconnected?

LBD does have lower sustained single target dps than other classes, but not enough to not run with one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im leaving my regium for my summoner. The cleavage window is more like a neckbone hole for them. Probably give theuna for a birdwoman fm or necro if its out by then

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Count Bleck posted:

Birdwoman?

This game is getting birdpeople?

Yun are birdwomen. You just need to coax it out a little

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ummm strange I havent gotten a golden daeva suit yet...oh the next 4 rolls give me suits and one accessory but now the other accessory wont drop

quote:

ps new update is coming in like half an hour with some nice spam blocking fixes
Thats actually pretty cool. If it works fine then its really a nice step up to other games.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Auto Spam Slayer...works!

Blackest of sorcery. Log on all the chats I've disabled, just one spammer is there. After a few repeats he disappears without having to report/block him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

As both a potter and an earthseer, my stance on this is "screw crafting these things". I'm more curious about why anyone's buying them from the AH.

Instant delivery :downs:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah the game shits out potions and food by mobs dropping them or just the survey rewards. By the time you are 18-20 most classes will be able to spec into some extra healing eliminating most issues with pots or food for downtime.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wrong kmmo thread

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Much later on you'll get 2 elemental based dodge abilities tagged into I think the Q and E. They'll also shift you into that particular element. At least thats how it it was before, I dont know if its changed.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I never got the cinderland key either. On both of my characters actually.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gearhead posted:

My guess is that she's part of some later plotline. Kinda like how Lusong seems to completely vanish from the story after that bird explodes from his back...

Well the dicember patch preview showed her and her bitch smile again so I'm assuming she's there.

vvvv
:yeah:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

The ears/tail are easy enough to find, but that hairstyle is actually flat-out not available at character creation. I was wondering if it was a drop or something. Several similar haircuts are available, but that upturned bob isn't.

This is about as close as the character creator comes to that hairstyle. Still isn't quite the same.

If the hairstyle's a drop or something, that's cool, I just want to be sure I know where to get it. :v:

Shin Gong is actually a dude :ssh:

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 5, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah I really like it too. Male lyns have a few haircuts that would work great on female anything, but for some reason its locked to them. If it makes you feel better 95% of lyn outfits are gender neutral so you can run in like a psudo girl. Just call him Dongfang Bubai for maximum wuxia

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

moush posted:

Is there anyway to transfer items between my characters?

I tried sending it through mail but it said I hard to "Charge NCoins" or something.

I can trade things normally between characters, is the item itself untradable?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

A lot of the issues with B&S monetization sound bad but in practice they are a complete wet fart. Like people mentioning money not dropping from mobs being a big thing, its not. Its completely negligible at all level ranges. The game also gives you enough tools and mechanics where bagspace is at most a minor inconvenience, having to feed your gear dropped loot earlier or having to turn your soul shields into dust more frequently. Character space can be solved by having multiple accounts, since there is no benefit of having extra characters right now. If they implement BoA store clothing then sure, it'll make having more characters on an account better.

The only thing I'd say its exploitative is that it targets people that clearly have OCDs. I'm sure some spergs will absolutely spend massive amount of money to unlock every gear slot just so they get an achievement. People that will continue to sub to get every single outfit in their collection and on top of that spend hundreds on gatcha boxes for rare store outfits. People that feel like missing out on pennies or a pittance of extra xp is ruining them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The only stuttering I get seem to be loading issues when I'm running around from time to time. Also places with a lot of player and NPCs will absolutely tank my performance to the 30s when I usually get 90+ most of the time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Everyone was loving saying it before release "Dont pick BM if you want to pvp"

e- Seriously everyone just play summoner. Least ping reliant, ranged, plays well with other summoners, does well in pvp, has cat. Why ply anything else?

quote:

Then again I don't ever want to make a summoner because then I would have to play one of those Lyn things so I can't fault you for not wanting to do that

Look at this wrong opinion, look at it

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 14, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Just thought I'd give this game a try, attempting to play on the EU servers and I'm getting account authentication errors. A quick glance at reddit and the game's forums and it seems like there's a server issue with everyone bitching about this being common on the EU servers.

Is it a bad idea to play on EU and should I just roll a character on NA instead?

NA servers aren't having those issues but they are going through some pretty hard lag from time to time. I need to check whether or not my tunnel is having issues or if the server is crapping out, a few seconds later faction chat erupts saying that the server is going to poo poo

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ModeSix posted:

So what happened with Shanghai Goon? I just logged in today for the first time in a bit and the guild seems empty.

Most people left the red clan to join the blue one

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Nurel posted:

shes got a wide rear end dude

Its really difficult to make a woman character in this game that doesn't have a wide rear end. Its where all their chi is at.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skylight posted:

Sure do love being repeatedly outbid for accessory upgrades. :smith: I don't suppose the Infernal accessories are available for auction, are they?

Doesn't the game give you like 2 of them just from finishing the instance? I know I had all three of them from just one run.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

chumbler posted:

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

KFM has a whole lot more flow than other classes but it takes a while to get there. Once you can spec for more aoe you'll poo poo all over mob groups while keeping yourself topped off. Tiger strike + hellfire kick combo feels like it does single target damage but on entire packs of mobs. Then you get a lot of ways to keep mobs stunned so if you want to burst thing single target then you go into the shin kick dance

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheFluff posted:

I got a Brilliant Cinderlands Key from somewhere. Should I use it on one of the Deva roulette wheel chests or is there a worse RNG spot later in the Cinderlands that I should save it for?

You can use it there or for the weapon from the 6 man instance. Those are the only two purple weapons needed for your hongmoon weapon from the cinderlands.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cathead posted:

That's weird, I've been playing female characters for years in numerous MMOs and I can't think of any time I was ever hit on. I just assumed it was so common for dudes to play female characters nowadays that no one even bothered anymore.

Are you on Jiwan? Maybe it's more common on RP servers or something.

Yeah I've played almost exclusively as a female character since the RO days and although things sometimes were bad back then, it hasn't been an issue in years. I'm honestly surprised that it was this game too, since I'd think the only one with a more skewed gender ratio would be TERA.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Innerguard posted:

Any trip report on the warlock? Patching at present

Still really early level but drat does their number 4 attack gently caress things up. I've had entire packs of tough mobs that usually take 3-4 attacks to clear be wiped out by a single snare + dragoncoil combo. They are also made out of paper and without proper use of your parry you'll be pretty loving hurt while leveling.

Also everyone is a warlock right now. Every dungeon run I'm doing is at level warlocks all other 5 of them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Innerguard posted:

Is it just me or does the LMB for low level warlock feel really stuckly. Like. Maybe i'm missing attacks that fill in later but compared to the lmb chaining of a FM it feels really jarring.

lmb can force the trigger of mantra if you are having horrible luck elsewhere greatly boosting your focus recovery which you are going to be burning faster later on when you start stacking cooldown reducing traits and chaining instant cast abilities. Outside of that its pretty weak, its only purpose is to trigger mantra if you cant trigger it from somewhere else, you cant even boost it with other traits like every other class.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Weird because I think this game is probably one of the few where the stealth class can actually be considered a stealth class just because of the uptime of stealth they can have. I honestly cant think of any other MMO where your could stay in stealth permanently while attacking. Things change once you get your other hongmoon secret abilities, but while leveling you are going to spend 95% of the time stealthed when fighting mobs.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm thinking they are rushing to equivalency so they can have a proper worlds season or something. It'll probably be like 3 months before soul fighter comes out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've been featuring a gunner class since pre-alpha before it disappeared for seemingly forever, they teased something was coming last year and now they have a date for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMMi4rJZG00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

nogic posted:

Well, in case anyone is wondering/cares anymore...

The patch adding the new Gunner class came out today! It also reduced the raid size from 24 players to 12! Those things are great!

However, in typical NCSoft West fashion, they inadvertently scaled up the level of the bosses in endgame dungeons and raids to 57/58, whatever they will be at player level 55 cap... and we're still on level 50 cap. So Vortex Temple is nearly impossible, and all the other endgame dungeons are way too loving hard.

:ncsoft: as all gently caress

• Locked thread