Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I want a BNS phone app so I can manage my craft guilds while I am at work. Speaking of, when do Soul Warden recipes start needing trapping materials, and which ones do they need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Getsuya posted:

Well since all the goon servers are full guess I'll just have to roll up a character on the good old Unofficial RP Server. I've always wanted to sit around in a public area spending 3 hours listening to some guy describe his character's backstory or flirting with girls who are actually guys.

I made a guild on Jiwan with some RL friends if any goons need a clan on blue side. Send a message to Vellamorn or give me your name here and I'll invite you whenever I'm on.

Also on the very first day, Franbunny was shouting down people in chat who didn't want this to be the unofficial RP server. :allears:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I will laugh if they add an afk timer to this game and the solution ends up being the same as FFXIV: Being in a conversation with an NPC or object.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I think the thing that has stood out to me the most while playing through the game is the sheer variety in NPC appearances. Unlike most kMMOs, they aren't all immaculate human beings with no flaws. There's NPCs of all shapes, sizes, ages, etc. Some are completely average and plain, and some are just downright homely. It really shows off how robust the character generation in this game is.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The cross server dungeon lobby is really loving rad.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

anyone have an idiot's guide to FM? i made one for an alt and they seem pretty chill.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

ShadowMoo posted:

Looking at the leveled VIP rewards makes me somewhat worried. Many of the top tier ones seem very OP.

Is this a serious post? If it is, can you elaborate?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

anyone have an idiot's guide to FM? i made one for an alt and they seem pretty chill.

posted this a few pages ago, FM is pretty rad so far. anyone with a high level one have some input on playing them? I'm kind of in the dark still.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I am sad the regium corvus is character-bound and not account-bound. Making decisions is hard. :smith:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Eimi posted:

I don't feel the English voices are bad enough to be good, and they certainly aren't good.

I don't think the English VA is necessarily bad, at least not on the actor's part. What I've noticed is that a lot of sentences will finish and then immediately start the next one with no pause or delay. It makes things feel very unnatural and stilted. I wonder if they recorded each individual sentence and then put them in game piecemeal without including any significant delay. For me, it felt most noticeable starting with Yehara or Soha.

Also Hajoon is the best.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The more I play this game, the more I realize that I am really bad at the combat system in this game. I can't even imagine playing like some of the loving high end people and actually utilizing everything available. I can't remember what leads into what half of the time because they aren't always on screen and I have no sense of permanence when it comes to button pushing.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

what server are goons on int his stupid dead game now that they got merged?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Drythe posted:

SB is ridiculous and needs nerfed honestly. It makes a single class a literal must have in any group doing difficult content.

Also I'm on zulia, guy who was asking.

thanks. i quit when warlock released since my friends all bounced off BNS. how are soul fighter and gunslinger?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

is there a goon clan on zulia or should i join a random pub one?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

i've been enjoying this a whole lot again. ran a gunslinger up to 45 so far with a friend. i only really quit the first time because a bunch of friends bounced off the game and this game is bad to play alone. it's pretty and fun and the music is good. i hope the content at 55 is interesting, because the lack of it at 45 is apparently why all of my friends quit.

also leveling way faster than in the past helps a lot too.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Dawnfire posted:

So, trying to get back into this but with all the changes and how long it's been I'm reaaaaally out of practice for how to play my level 45 classes. There a good resource of quickguides to help get me back in or any general suggestions?

there's a hongmoon training button near the bottom of the screen with lessons on how to play each class. i think at 50 or 55 there's like 30+ lessons per class.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Lyn are being added to gs in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Drythe posted:

Gross

Gon or bust

i want to be the gonslinger. would race change mine if this happened.

• Locked thread