Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Windchilla posted:

You should try Sin, Lib. I think you'd like it and it's pretty forgiving on ping so far since you have a lot of long disables. You're pretty squishy, but if you bait out trinkets you can 100-0 some classes with your disable combos.

I haven't tried the pvp in this game yet, but is that seriously a thing? Getting 100 to 0'ed by another player is never fun in any game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

cathead posted:

It's not like universal or anything like "oh I got touched I'm guaranteed dead welp". But if you blow all your escapes at the wrong time you can definitely get bursted down by big damage combos if you let them CC you and the other player is good enough. Some classes are worse about this than others, and matchups also vary depending on class.

Regardless, one of the first things you should learn in PvP are the right times to use your escapes, as they are invaluable in keeping you alive against a good player. Familiarizing yourself with the other classes and what they are capable of can help you understand in what cases you want to eat the damage and when you need to get out or risk dying.

Ah, that's alot more fair. Nevermind then!

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, it's kind of annoying how the combat isn't as simple as I thought it was. Got ready to poo poo on the game until I started experimenting with combos, and welp. :v:

As soon as I started getting quests who's sole purpose was to teach me new and useful combos, I knew I was in the right game.

• Locked thread