Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Oh maaaaan, an actual red head color, finally? I am way more stoked about that than I should be, but I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
Where's this stream? I'd love to see the full details of all the chargen stuff they're going to add for release

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Minorkos posted:

This game is being published by NCSoft? Wow aren't they like the least incompetent mmorpg publisher? I actually had fun the last time I played GW2 since I was able to progress with PvP alone.

Okay I'm gonna give this a try since I got nothing else to play. I don't want to play as a furry race so can someone just tell me which class is the most like dagger/pistol thief in GW2? I liked jumping across the battle to deal a billion damage and then immediately jumping away. Or if the game is really like a fighting game then I want a class that plays like Ninja Gaiden somehow

As said above, assassin is what you're looking for, but blade master perfectly fits your earlier jonesing for a samurai with lightning. Blade master is the non-lyn race version. They even get a draw stance that's like the glorious Nippon iajutsu style of katana attacking from the sheath (there are no sheaths, but that does not reduce your honor). Your main attack becomes a lightning slash line aoe that does hefty damage, and you can do a dash slash whenever you crit while you are in draw stance.

It's a fun and cool class that most goons seem to skip for blade dancer. It takes longer to get good, unfortunately. But, its one of the two 'tanky' classes that can spec into threat moves. It can still pop out whole loads of damage, mind you, and just feels slick to play once it gets going.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
They definitely feel lackluster in pvp, but I don't know if that is ever addressed. When it comes to pve, they feel perfectly fine to me. Part of me wishes we had a way of measuring damage, but my current build seems to do loads of damage. Not to mention, you can also tank with the class and have the super safe block.

It feels fun and rewarding, have no current issues dealing damage at endgame, and can tank. It's a good class.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
From what I understand there's only a single box of a skill tree locked behind pvp per class, and it might not even be a skill you'd like in the end.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
You need to charge NCcoin at least once to be able to send mail. It's another anti botting measure.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I am excited to try out awakened flicker. Anyone happen to know what the awakened moves are like? Cause I'm curious if the awakened version of flicker may ironically be worse than that right tree flicker, which has insane attack speed but no aoe.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Rylek posted:

Everytime I ask if anybody wants to fill a spot in a 4-man Poh or Blood Harbor run on Cho I hit the guild tab and see that only Santa and I are on. #feelsbadman

I'd say remember to use the discord channel and just ask in there. It's a good way to set up cross-server runs for things like this. Seeing as the game isn't normally set up like big megaservers or anything. I know I'm always up for BSH 4 man on my BM if you guys are doing it.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
So, trying to get back into this but with all the changes and how long it's been I'm reaaaaally out of practice for how to play my level 45 classes. There a good resource of quickguides to help get me back in or any general suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Tsurupettan posted:

there's a hongmoon training button near the bottom of the screen with lessons on how to play each class. i think at 50 or 55 there's like 30+ lessons per class.

Thanks much, this is a REALLY cool addition I did not know about. Should hopefully help me get back up to speed once I look up some good Blade master builds.

• Locked thread