Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

cathead posted:

Launch info post went up on the main site. Mostly stuff we already knew. We WILL have to reinstall the client, but the download link is not up yet.

Oh yes! Bright orange hair was what it was missing. Now I can look like my Lancer in Tera again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Anoia posted:

There's no way to see those new styles and colors until head start, is there?

The hairs? We can probably see them during the name reservation stage when we go in to make characters. At least I think thats how it works.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

The download for the new client for headstart/launch is ready for download. http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/name-reservation-january-11/

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Cat is the best. Its the only reason I'm picking Summoner as my main over something else.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Catsworth posted:

I had a thought. Can Summoners name their pets? Can you get a top hat and/or monocle and maybe fancy suit to equip your cat with?

This is important.

They got a bunch of funny hats but I don't remember seeing any top hats when I was playing on the Taiwan servers. There are hairstyles for cats too, even the same sets you can get from roulettes drop cat versions for your cat. Then theres really funny and adorable ones like cat-head-shaped diving helmets and watermelon hats.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Kuai posted:

If I want to focus on PvE would KFM be a safe bet for DPSing? I am debating between them and Destroyer but really like the Yun race.

All classes can DPS well, except for the Blade Dancer that I heard is behind the rest in PvE at 50+. Just a reminder if you pick Kung Fu Master or Blade Master, you'll be expected to tank since you have the skill points for extra threat. That goes for all melee classes if the party mainly consists of ranged or there isn't any Tanking classes.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Everyman posted:

Speaking of charts here's another helpful one with the costs for leveling a clan and the associated perks.

You get cool poo poo like a workshop for clan crafting, reduced costs on weapon upgrades, and fast travel to guild members in your party. The costs don't seem all that bad either considering I was sitting on around 10 gold, 150 soulstones and 3 or 4 Naryu Silver after just a couple weekends of beta. Shouldn't be too bad to level naturally without breaking the bank. I think the faction insignias will be the most limiting factor just because you need so many of them.

Faction insignia are from PvP right? I wouldn't mind grinding some insignia at head start to help level the guild but I'm not a big fan of world PvP. If we can get a group farm going I wouldn't feel so bad.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I must be the only person who keeps oil sliders at the minimum because it looks all weird to me.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

We'll both be red faction so we can't fight each other though!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Buhbuhj posted:

poo poo, someone make them blue!

Sorry! Couldn't resist!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Bombogenesis posted:

To what extent can I pretty princess my summoner's tiny cat?

You can get little hair accessories, hats, dresses, even scrunchies that go on the tail of the cat. Then you get weird sets like diving suit and watermelon. Its adorable.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Bombogenesis posted:

:stare: So summoner has some support-y PvP stuff right because I'm awful at videogames but still want to be not useless at PvP.

Not really. The main PvP in this game is arena, which is 1v1 or 3v3 tag team. There are battlegrounds and faction/world PvP too but I haven't done them so I don't know what they are like. From what I see of world PvP its just the side with bigger numbers beating up the weaker faction.

This game is pretty balanced in arena PvP so you really don't need to be worried. Gear isn't going to make a difference at all, just your level and the skill points you assigned. Even I who hate PvP and suck at it is enjoying the arena. I have some clips of my time as a noobie summoner in arena during the beta weekends if you're interested in the arena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IO6UOmI_0

Don't worry! Most people are as bad as you when you start so you'll eventually get better.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I expected Mushin to be the most populated server because it was the name of the server from beta, but I didn't expect over 50%. Good luck to those without premium! Queues would be several hours long probably.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Who is making the guild again? Who do we need to whisper for an invite once its up?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I just had a black screen and had to restart my game, sitting in 1100 premium members queue now for Mushin. Ugh.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Queues aren't going down, in fact its going up from 1100 to 1137. I wonder who are the ones jumping in front of me when I have premium too. I guess I'll go do something else while I leave this running.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Questing will make you vomit blood right now. There's only like 9 channels here and every one of them has 50 people camping the same 5 monsters the entire time. I've been here for 20 minutes and I'm not even a quarter way done with the quest. I'm just going to skip all this.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Bombogenesis posted:

So has an NA guild formed on Mushin yet? These public channels are slowly driving me insane.

If there's enough NA goons on I could make the goon guild and pass it onto whoever wants to be guild leader later on. I'm already past Jadestone so I can just warp back to talk to the clan NPC if needed to.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

Swapped out client.exe for one from a dropbox link (:rip:) and now I can get in the game.

Should I bother leveling up the early weapons? Not sure how scarce the leveling mats are, or how frequently weapons will be replaced by quests/drops.

You will be using your weapon/accessories that you get from the start of the game at the end of the game. The hongmoon weapons/accessories will keep upgrading as you feed stuff to it and evolve to a new level. Everything you find will be used to feed those items.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

OK, cool. Wish I'd known to keep the Stalker Bangle to breakthrough with instead of feeding it as a regular evolution material...

Items used as breakthrough material will say "breakthrough material" on the item description. You're safe to feed everything else to your hungry weapons. If you're still unsure, there is a list on the op where it tells you what you need and where you get it for every breakthrough

quote:

Khako posted some pics of the progression and costs for each Hongmoon item:

Weapon - http://i.imgur.com/iNa4mlz.jpg
Necklace - http://i.imgur.com/MeiKNGs.jpg
Earring - http://i.imgur.com/nC4ty0O.jpg
Ring - http://i.imgur.com/Ano8PyZ.jpg

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Um! I did it!? I got gold but this is mostly because the server is new and most of the people in arena were newish to the game. Most people were 30ish with my last opponents being a gold summoner and a lv 45 force master.

Still proud nonetheless to get gold.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

After 66 spins on the roulette, I finally got the costume from the Lycan boss! Now I look fabulous with my big fur coat.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

Cathead what is your summoner build at 45? I'm nearing 40 and having a lot of fun but I have no idea what to do beyond the recommendations you made earlier in the thread. I am kind of just putting points in places that make things die better/make me live better.

There doesn't seem to be too many choices for a summoner build compared to other classes. This is what I settled with after testing it around for a bit. https://bnstree.com/SU?build=4500002101411073410821200311052110643137111124130422211222022220132

It serves as a PvP build and a solo PvE build. You can add the last two points into team skills like your Doom and Bloom to give your team focus or whatever if you're doing PvE. More into escape for PvP, etc. Basically just grab all the CC you can get and lock down all the bosses/players. Cat hammer + thorn strike = 2 dazes for bosses letting you knock them down. Your powered up lunge can stun twice also knocking bosses down instantly. Cat grab anything that is down and root anything that isn't dead afterwards. Changing the true friend into a shield lets you stand in red telegraphs without fear.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

fadam posted:

What does BD have that makes them immune to all my CC? I feel like half the time I try and stun them they resist it. Is there a visual tell for it?

I like the PvP in this game, but I really wish they would let you use a standardized model or something. I have a hard time seeing the specific animations on the Pedophile race or the smaller humans if they're far away.

While Blade Dancers are using their spin, they are immune to stuns, knockback, dazes, etc. They can also break snares when they spin.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

If anybody wants to 1v1 and tell me how to beat them if they're one of the bullshit donkey fucker classes, feel free to let me know! I would love to learn.

I play the summoner class which is on the top of your bullshit donkey fucker class list. I'm not very good at PvP but I'm always willing to spar with someone so add me at Velveteen in game if you want to practice against summoner without watching your rank drop.

This goes for any other goons that wants to spar! I'm currently at gold and definitely need more practice!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

It seems strange to me that crimson seems to be losing on every channel in Mushin's Misty Woods

The odd time that we crimson have a party to attack the cerulean camp, a pack of them show up and we get stomped, pushed back into our camp and then have it raided and burned to the ground. Being crimson sucks right now.

On another note, I just did the 6 man Blackram Supply Depot with a 5 man group in a pug and it was way easier than I expected.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Rafzakael posted:

yeah, i...think weaponsmithing can make weapons that substitute for upgrade materials (i.e. i can make blight weapons, which sounds great on paper until you look at the mat cost, which total costs something in the ballpark of 30-50 silver; you can grind some of it out, but you need another professions materials to finish it. i know i didn't have that kind of money laying around at that time.)

I thought weaponsmiths made special expensive skins you use to reskin your weapon with?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Krilion posted:

Had a friend try to kill my summoner. He's a KFM, same level.

No matter what he did, or how carelessly I didn't give a poo poo, he couldn't do anything to me. I stayed near full life as did my cat.

How are KFM supposed to fight summoners?

I found KFM one of the more annoying classes to fight in arena. They would stick to you the whole time with their gap closers and fast move speed then pressure you with air combos and cc until you finally use your stun break. After that the following stun they would pop their cool downs and kill you from 100% to 0% in seconds with animation cancelling. Cat is ignored.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

Are the two summoner charge disable moves actually different or are they the same thing-ish? Can you cast one then the other after the first one runs out, or are they on the same timer or something?

The stun charge is on a 45 second cooldown. While it is on cooldown, you are able to use the non stun version until it is back up again. Once it is up the next time you press it the cat will stun.

edit. Nevermind I misread your question. The charge disable is also the cat charge, you can skill it to stun or to disable charge attacks, the other one is beckon to recall your cat back. You can use them one after the other if you want as they are on different skills.

Velveteen fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 26, 2016

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

Oh wait lmao that's not the one I was thinking of, I was looking at https://bnstree.com/SU and it looks like there's a 4 and an F (the chestnut burrs) that also disable charges

This explains why I can never loving catch up to those goddamn fuckers, four skills that can disable my ability to approach, kill me

Maybe I should skill my chestnut burrs to disable charges. I didn't realize they could do that.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Im still in the mid 20s but I picked up some of the Grab talents. One of them increases the duration to like 6 seconds which is really nice for groups since you can just pick up the boss and hold them still for the full 6 seconds while everyone beats on them, and when the grab is about to expire just throw them up and piledriver.

Just a reminder! Please do not throw bosses into the sky. It not only makes it so most classes can't do their damage with their most damage skills, it also lets any kind of buffs/debuffs expire when its flying in the air causing a huge loss of damage for the entire party. If you're holding a boss just slam it into the ground after you are done. Your teammates will thank you afterwards!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I ran the 4 man Blackram Supply Chain today with a pug and it did not go too well. We ended up wiping a couple times on the chef and the group broke apart. Before that it was fairly easy without any death. Things hit really hard in the 4 man and if you miss a dodge you will most likely lose 80% of your hp, if not die instantly. Chef Tae Jangum's poison ticks do a lot of damage in the 4 man version. I will try again another day and hopefully it'll go better.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Teaches of Peaches posted:

So I would mind some more info on what do with all the drops I get. I have been upgrading me weapons and accessories up to breakthrough, and gotten the items for them. Where I am now is I need to progress more in the game to get to the areas for the items I need. I was doing some farming for cosmetic purposes and what can I do with the purple weapons and stuff I don't need since you can't trade them? What about the other things that aren't for breakthroughs? Just keep them around for upgrade fodder later on? Same with the soul shields too. I got most of the ones I am using now that is the suggested best for my level, all with crit upgrades. I didn't really want to waste anything that I have.

So far I have enjoyed this game a lot, even more so since it's actually free. Hit about level 26 or so as an assassin and I haven't had to many issues. I know I am not the best at doing my thing but I have not had any issues so far. Any advice or tips for this point forward is much appreciated.

Edit: As an aside I couldn't join the goon servers because I didn't want to deal with wait times so I joined the newer server. Omnyung or something? No waits there and I am glad I just did that so I could actually play the game.

The extra purple weapon/accessories you have can be fed to give really big bonuses to exp. Basically anything that doesn't say breakthrough material can be fed to your hongmoon stuff. Soul shields can be salvaged for dust. You will be using those dust to upgrade your high level soul shields so it doesn't hurt to get some early. You should save some of the green exp gems from survey as they continue to give lots of exp at high levels and cost almost nothing to feed so it saves a lot money later on when each item costs 7-8s to feed.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Krilion posted:

So should I grind for the moonwater arena shield for my summoner?

If you are on Red and on Mushin, trying to get it is a nightmare as every channel is blue dominated. If you're on Blue then go ahead as the red bases are usually being attacked on every channel so you can just hop in and help kill them for pouches.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Mao posted:

Are Shanghai Goons doing organized pvp dailies on Mushin? I recently hit 45 in the overflow guild and have found world pvp pretty broken as a red. I used to be able to sneak on during work hours and get some quests in but now pretty much every channel has a 6 man blue party farming it. Organizing a responce is impossible cause the faction chats are spammed to uselessness by gold sellers, even after the last patch.

The pvp system is made kinda worse by you or your party needing to be the first to tag a pvp mob to get credit for it. So instead of just piling into one channel, the blue parties spread out to maximize their credit. It doesnt help that any of your npc guards are worthless, so trying to draw them into fighting in your base doesnt help. They are made to be farmed so they arent too tough to kill and provide no protection from ganks in your own base.

Lastly, pvp really isnt optional in this game. You need the soulstones to upgrade your gear at a certain point, and the money from the dailies really helps pay for the moonstones and upgrade costs. If you cant finish your pvp dailies you are screwed for soulstones and cash. Sure you can eventually grind the cash and buy soulstones, but its going to be a lot slower.

So we either need to get organized groups, or join blue till enough of us get 45 to switch back and start dominating some channels.

I switched to blue recently. It was the best decision ever after doing a day of faction daily quests. I know this just makes things worse if everyone is joining blue, but there really is no reason to stay on red unless you just like getting camped by blue and not being able to get 14+ soulstones a day.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Best costume is the wolfskin from the lycan roulette wheel. Its easy to farm, easy to get and its a blue fur coat! Only downside is everyone is running around with it. It also has a hood with wings on the back. On non-lyn females it looks like some kind of garish swan with hooves for shoes. Its terrible!

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I've been trying to get to platinum in the arena but getting my butt kicked to the moon by destroyers and blade dancers. Got to 1751 and started falling so I'm still a long way off but I want to get there eventually! Is there any goons good at PvP that would like to spar with me, preferably destroyers or blade dancers so I can learn how to do better? Or anyone has any tips to fight them as a summoner.

Add me at Velveteen in game and just ask me for a spar. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad I'll be willing to spar if I'm not busy with dailies.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Clarste posted:

Why do warlocks use razors anyway? What do they do with them?

They cut themselves to channel the darkness within themselves and use it on the enemy.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Clarste posted:

Not unexpected.

While I'm asking questions though, does the damage elements ever have any effect? Like, your moves do wind damage or earth damage or fire damage, but it doesn't seem to mean anything.

No, I heard its apparently an old mechanic that was dropped but was kept around for unknown reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Whats the deal with the forgekeeper weapon skins from crafting? There's a purple and a orange option but I assume the orange one is at low chance? How low exactly is it and what does the orange one do beside what looks like a glow from the preview on the box.

• Locked thread