Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Oh my loving god. I think this game has songs from the same guys who did the Metal Gear Revengeance soundtrack. If not that then they've apparently hired an impersonator who sounds the same and is just as cheesy.

loving hell, I was going to skip this since it's a NCSoft product. But if it's that sort of game I might actually have to give this a try. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Holy poo poo. Fighting trash mobs in dungeons while playing a kung fu master is hilarious.

It's just a never ending tide of enemies rushing towards me as I rampage through the place. In other games this would be bad due to the average strength of a given mob. In here it's fun. Because be it with flesh and arms of steel, chitin, or just some really hosed up weeaboo poo poo it all ends the same way.

Because if you play the class right you're a raging flurry of kicks, punches, tackles, and oh-god-I-think-I-straight-up-just-broke-that-guy's-face-in-half attacks that sends everything flying in a tangle of limbs. When you know your combo's and when to use them you move so fluidly that everything near you is just kind of either in the air, stunned, on the ground and thrashing about as you pin it down and beat the living hell out of it, or reeling backwards in agony from a high speed headbutt.

Between the counters and all the stuns and knocks I think I tanked like eight enemies at once at one point. It was hysterical. Everything just went flying everywhere as they rushed me one by one due to being constantly knocked back/down. Cue the stereotypical kung-fu beatdown. And when I ran out of skills for that i'd just parry them and headbutt the poo poo out of them like the most metal fucker around. :black101:

Edit: Also the fact that the class gets several spammable headbutts is amazing. I have one that heals me and one that allows me to pin someone to the ground, climb on top of them, and apply more headbutts at my discretion. I'm like a recursive generator of vicious headbutts. It makes me wish I had checked to see if I could give my character a really sharp nose or something. :allears:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 25, 2016

Archonex
May 2, 2012

I'd honestly roll on Jiwan if I were looking to play this for awhile. Just ride out the queues or grab premium if you enjoy the game.

The population will probably drop after a month and it would suck to be on an empty server. Jiwan has a mix of people from several countries and it's the unofficial RP server. So even if the game suddenly takes a nose dive for some reason it'll still have people to mess with play with.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

From watching the warlock trailer it looks like they can shoot lasers at people by making finger guns. :allears:

I'm sold on them.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Gahaha. If you spec right you can literally drop like a dozen heart stab/lightning crashes as an assassin per stealth. And you can pretty much spam stealth forever.

All people get to see is a weeaboo blur before my assassin cloaks behind them and just unleashes a loving thunderstorm's worth of lightning powered kung fu punches. This is great.

I'm doing like 4k-6k damage every few seconds at level 20. The people I was in an instance with earlier didn't know what the gently caress was going on. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So am I understanding it right that the big story choice in the spoilers won't actually be a choice, and we'll be railroaded?

Reading through all of that I was super excited to basically get to found the Wuxia version of the Cobra Kai dojo. :(

• Locked thread