Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Stormgale posted:

I'm going rear end or KFM, probably rear end first as it seems easier to solo with.

Yo Cathead Put EU goons down for Red Faction

When name reserve comes up ill also give a name or something.

I have no idea what the factions do, but the first red outfit sucks. I guess they make it up with that cool rear end coat and literally being the bad guys from Karate Kid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I thought getting the cheapest pack gave you extra character slots, whoops :saddowns:. At least I've got this weekend free to decide just how oily do I want my ~*pretty anime princess*~ to be.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

cathead posted:

Nobody reads the OP... :smith:

I read the OP, it is good :)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Login queue on Windrest went from 13 min to 50 min while I'm waiting, rip

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

gonna try this out when f2p access launches. Sounds like the goon servers are being hammered, is it the same on EU?

kungfu master sounds fun, hows the character creation? We talking Aion/Black Desert or FFARR/WoW?

The queues are much more reasonable on Windrest(EU), next to no wait earlier in the day and about 1.5h at 20:00 GMT yesterday.

Edit: that's without premium

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jan 18, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Are costumes like a single item that changes your whole look, or do you have multiple slots?

Single item and don't affect stats.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

sinewave posted:

if you're playing blade dancer, one of the mechanics they don't explain is that you can animation cancel yourself to avoid some of the casting time on RMB when you Q/E strafe.

What other classes have similar tricks?

Optimal combos for every single class generally involve looping an attack with it's recovery frames canceled into lmb (sometimes notated as R).

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Rasmussen posted:

I made KFm big dude that looks like akuma from SF, instead of making an anime titty princess except he takes up half the screen and I can't see anything he's fighting.

There's a setting to offset the camera center for an over the shoulder view, which might help.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Bussamove posted:

So what's a good starting spec for KFM? I just hit 20 and have built for threat generation buffs on Counter/Advancing Step, while also getting Tiger Strike so I can combo that with Hellfire Kick in a loop when I need sustained DPS, but is there anything I should beeline for immediately beyond that? Considering getting Shin Kick next to get some more options while evading but my god there's so much stuff.

E: For PvE, I should specify. Haven't touched the PvP much at all yet.

For leveling/AoE, get the Tiger Strike branch, focus regen Cyclone Kick branch, 0 cooldown Meteor Strike and the first branch of Counter in no particular order except you probably want Tiger Strike first. Loop the 2 - R(lmb) animation cancel and mash your procs when they light up

The optimal single target build is focus regen branches for both Tiger Strike and lmb, 0 cooldown Cyclone Kick and threat generation on Counter. Again, 2 - R into F - R when it's up. Later you can pick up the Ankle Strike branch and do 3 - R - F when the boss is stunned.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Jan 22, 2016

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Magile posted:

GeForce Experience isn't able to detect BnS for some reason. Is there a means for us technically challenged to do this? My FPS is lower than it should be and it's really pissing me off.

e: Found it. I didn't realize they put it under the 3D Settings section. Any other tweaks you'd suggest? I'm running a GTX 970 and my processor is an i7-2600K @3.40Ghz and I get maybe 35 frames in a populated city at most.

The game runs kinda poorly even on hardware that's way overkill, we should be getting a patch that optimizes the game a bit at some point. You can try real fullscreen with alt enter while in a loading screen (the game tends to freeze when alt tabbing in this mode) and see if it helps or disable/reduce some graphics settings with shadows, bloom and DoF usually having the most impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Haroshia posted:

Summoners are really powerful in PvP right now. I did some digging to figure out how to beat them as a KFM, because it seemed they weren't getting much play in Korea in high end PvP and I felt like I was garbage for not being able to dunk them.

Turns out at 45 Summoners have a big advantage because their play style benefits from players not having sick burst. In general they fall out of favor once Hong Moon skills are added because most classes get enough burst to either outright nuke the cat or wombo combo the summoner. For now though, you can long term CC the cat. For a KFM means using Chokehold. Unfortunately most KFMs drop grapple for the Frost Sheath thing which means you can't choke the kitty until you hit level 42 and get meteor drop.

Once you do hit 42 though. :getin:

Isn't it the other way around, we have the level 50 talents and way more damage than what level 45 health pools are balanced against?

• Locked thread