Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

central posted:

Can I get an invite on Mushin whenever possible? Character name is: Renn Azi

Last time I asked on Discord, it was still full. If there are any slots I'd like one as well, please - character name is Afro Kobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

chumbler posted:

I don't know if I'm playing KFM wrong or what, but everything they have at least early on feels really stiff, and I also don't feel like I have a lot of damage. I've had to burn through more potions and dumplings on my KFM than any of the other classes I've tried. Granted this is only up to level 15, but if my main skills feel clunky I am not sure I see that changing with levels. Destroyer, assassin, and FM just feel like they flow a lot better.

I'm leveling KFM as my first character, and I had the same problem for a while. Now I'm pretty much Bruce Lee, so just wait it out. As other posters have mentioned, AoE talents make all the difference. Make sure to use your air combo as much as possible, too - when you're in the air, you evade everything, giving you 2 seconds or so per combo. You can milk it with q/e then triple kick, then ss to Smite for another knock-up.

One thing that helped me was knocking down enemies but not tackling them, just unload 2r or 3rf while they stand up. I can kill most mobs and even groups without taking a hit now, and I'm only 32.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Is there any way to check your ping in game or out of game? Sometimes I can pummel dudes with 2r a dozen times per second, and other times I end up wasting all my focus because I can't pull off the animation cancel. I think it's dependent on ping, but I'd like to verify that.

E: also, after speccing into Scorpion Strike on 1, it seems like a much easier cancel than LMB or R. Any idea why this is? Is it just my imagination? I also like that I can block attacks while doing my main combo now, it has really upgraded my survivability. That said, I usually dodge with q/e instead because I get to triple kick enemies for either an air combo (and 2 seconds of guaranteed evades) or just a straight 2 second stun.

E2: also also, what animations do q/e cancel out of? Sometimes I can't pull them off in time because I'm in the middle of an attack, but I haven't figured out exactly which ones block it and which can be canceled. Additionally, what does backdash (ss) cancel out of?

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 22, 2016

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Anarkii posted:

Resource Monitor->Network->check client.exe port 10100

kirbysuperstar posted:

Resource Monitor > Network > tick Client.exe in "Processes with Network Activity" and look at port 10100 in the TCP Connections pane, that's the general gameplay port.

See also,

Thanks!

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

bear is driving! posted:

How long does it take until I'm doing insane kung fu combat moves?

I started a Kung-Fu Master and I just hit level 10. It looks like I'm a quarter of the way through leveling and the only "combo" I have is to knock a dude down and headbutt him. The class videos made it look like this game had insane action kung fu combat, but I'm basically pressing down LMB and maybe hitting 2 or tab every so often.

The game looks great and seems like it WANTS to be fun, I'm just not finding the combat very engaging at all.

Give it time. KFM gets an insane amount of situational skills, and you can change them pretty drastically with the skill tree.

If you aren't digging it by 30 (or even 20, really), start over with a different class, but it'll click soon I'm pretty sure. Leveling is fast enough that you aren't throwing much time away.

E: one complaint I have is that the game doesn't tell you when you gain new skills. Is there a list somewhere with abilities per class per level?

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

radintorov posted:

Stick to KFM then: early on they are pretty limited in what they can do, but once you get a few more levels under the belt you'll be constantly kicking and dragon-punching enemies in the sky, air juggle them, slam them into the ground with your foot in their face, wail on them while they are on their backs and then repeat the process all over again. :getin:
Also you have a crazy-powerful default block skill that will make you night-invulnerable to most single attacks.

I agree with all of this. People say it's the hardest class to play, though. My only character is KFM so I have no frame of reference, but it's pretty rad by now, and has been for a while. I do have some difficulty with animation canceling, but it isn't too bad, and if I'm focusing, I can dodge pretty much everything that comes my way while dealing tons of damage. Between the huge number of iframes (is this typical of BnS?) and CC, I have little difficulty. I even managed to solo an at-level zone boss down to about 50%.

The level 18 unlocks, IIRC, are where KFM really starts picking up. Level 18 is extremely quick to reach, so play at least until then.

• Locked thread