Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Amante posted:

A few things can be kinda rough for F2P, like inventory space later on. I will say that as much as I like the game, some troubling signs are emerging in terms of how they're handling F2P and the cash shop. It seems that they don't have the highest confidence in their game's chances of long term success.

I'd argue it's them changing the way the shop works to account for NA player's notorious whale practices. Keep in mind, in KR this is P2P, not F2P.

Gearhead posted:

Diamond Damage. Ruby Power. Amethyst Life Drain. The rest is just seasoning.

I'd say get a Peridot that gives you Immune and Crit on evade after these 3 (since it applies to actual evades too, and not just the RNG evade, so it'll work on your Q/E/SS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

TheRationalRedditor posted:

I found the 4th floor jiangshi pretty challenging as well, because its stupid wacky inflatable arm waving tube man attack animations are tough to track the timing of. Something that made a big difference that took me a while to notice, after he does that dumb voldo-style "dive and flop" attack, the attack zone circle actually remains but is so faint you might not see it, and he proceeds to continue attacking (with really obscure animations that aren't very obvious) 360 degrees until it's gone. So be aware of that and stay out of it until it's done. Also, choosing the FM gives you some nice breathing room when you need it because she roots often.

Another point to remember, if the adds are giving you issues, is that as he waves his arms like he just dont care to summon the fireballs that turn into the adds, he's CC'able. so if you have a joint stun tech on your class (like LBD 2) you can prevent him from ever summoning adds.

LBD is sorta cheating on stalker though since i can just spec a million heals and resists and kit the goofy motherfucker forever.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

Am I stupid or something or why can't I find this outfit in the game wardrobe

http://bns-fashion.com/risktaker/

It's the only one I care about and it's not there. Is this like a level 50 thing or is it hidden for some reason?

its for diamond rank 1v1s (as in you cant buy it unless you're diamond rank 1v1)

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Currency exchange is trending at 1 gold to 60 NCCoin, which is a good 20 better then even the most bullish market (which was 1:80)

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

LegionAreI posted:

Have marketplace prices shot up yet? Was hoping to get some transformation stones without suffering for them since I had some coins left over, but I know how this type of stuff goes ....

MWTS are almost 6 gold, soulstones appear to be 37ish

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Minorkos posted:

so far i've gone up against like 30 summoners as a blade master and beaten maybe 2. and i've been swapping my tactics and my talents and it doesn't seem to do anything. nowadays i just alt tab and look at funny pictures on the internet whenever i get queued up against a summoner

meanwhile i've beaten maybe 20 of the 25 force masters i've gone up against. i barely have to try because the matchup is so easy for me.

i sincerely hope the level 50 patch actually makes these matchups a lot more balanced because this isn't really okay. i don't feel like i'm playing a fighting game, i feel like i'm playing rock paper scissors

With warlock (even at 45 patch which is weird) you'll see the hard counter for Summoners emerge (well, Destroyer does that too, but destroyer beats EVERYTHING at the moment)

The 50 patch is really what all these balance patches we're getting are intended for, so I do think we'll see a much more 'balanced' meta emerge when that patch drops

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

How are warlocks a hard counter to summoner? I could understand the healing maybe but that's precisely what got nerfed fairly significantly in the patch we already have, and what made them so powerful before.

As far as I see from watching warlock pvp videos, a warlock's pet appears to be able to lock down a cat since the pet has more cc options available to it. Once the pets are removed from equation via being engaged with each other, Lock has the advantage that half its skills are not locked behind having your pet with you.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

On the weekly stream they announced that Naryu Labyrinth will NOT have legendary weapons. They feel the material costs are too steep for our economy to handle right now without introducing p2w elements. They'd like to introduce them eventually but are looking at alternative ways of doing so down the road.

They also confirmed that the SS trick to bypass doors is bannable. They'll be patching it next week, and will be issuing bans for people who abused it to extreme levels. So you probably shouldn't do it anymore if you were!

There's also confirmation of new craftable gems, and what they've said is a 'leveling event' to get the new warlock costume.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
Look at it this way. the only bots that are outright hurting NCSoft's bottom line are the ones spamming gold seller sites. They understand naturally that people dont want bots in the game so they work on a response but it's not the highest of high priorities, in my mind. I'd wager an initial ban wave by about oh, a week after WL release at latest

Also, there is no such thing as an f2p game without bots. Hell, Pay to play and Sub to play games like WoW and BDO have bots. It's just a thing now.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So it looks like there's some sort of autoflag/detect system for F2F trades and the mail system, since I had a friend just get permabanned for "Real Money Trading" because one of his guildies traded him 100 gold. So be careful. He's appealing and its likely he'll get it overturned but the fact it even happened...

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
That upgrade bundle is one tasty treat. Suprisingly generous of them. 20 sirens, 20 pirate emblems, 30 mushin tokens, and a bunch of gems? Thank you NCSoft for making my Warlock leveling experience easier at endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

cathead posted:

Alas, no. Nightshade is the last one we'll have. Lv50 is more centered around 6/4mans, though I do think it has more level-cap areas out in the world to do daily stuff but I don't think they're organized like E. Fleet/Nightshade are. There are actual 24-man structured raids at 50 though, eventually.

As for the upgrade path split, just check this image and where it splits, the bottom row is Silverfrost (46-50+) weapon path.

So the split off points are True Profane, True Siren, or True Pirate. You'll just be locked into whatever branch is up next once the lv50 cap patch rolls around (probably in April sometime). There's no problem upgrading now, since you will overall spend far less on materials going to True Pirate now and then branching off, rather than staying on True Profane and waiting.

So those who hit True Pirate 10 are not going to True Gale 10, but to True Gale 1?

HapiMerchant fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2016

• Locked thread