Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Assassins are amazing at low level PVP which is pretty much the reason I'm going to play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Eonwe posted:

idk there usually is a big goon rush in games and then it dies a week later

Hey I plan to play this for at least 2 weeks.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I should have "worked from home" today.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cathead posted:

What faction?

Blue

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Petri posted:

This might be a stupid question but where can I get some high quality crafting material? I chose Pottery as one of my professions but can't seem to craft those Premium items without some high quality crafting materials, and so far I haven't seen any.

A lot of it comes from dungeons and some quests.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

poptart_fairy posted:

Why in gently caress's name do we still not have server maintenance announced on the game launcher in 2016. :mad:

I too, get mad when my heroin get's flushed down the toilet :).

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
drat, well played KFMs really gently caress my rear end(heh) up. I can pretty much wombo combo anyone from stealth but even a bad KFM can just sit there and eat an entire combo chain and still have >50% of their health left.

That being said I managed to someone kill a 45 KFM last night. I'm positive it was a bot, but I'll take the kill. Only 20 more to go for that 75 pierce :D.

Anyone know if there's a sweet list of stat unlocks anywhere?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You never, ever, EVER plan for peak capacity in situations like MMO launch month. It's going to be like this for like 4 weeks tops and then things will level off. Had you planned for peak capacity you'll be sitting on hardware that you might never recoup the costs on. It's much better to increase capacity at a slower pace.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm finding that between ping, and getting older :stat: :wal: a 0.3s window from some of the stuff I have to do as an assassin might just be impossible :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zaodai posted:

Wait, so we're blue side on Mushin?

drat the OP! :saddowns:

Mushin is Red

Jiwan is Blue.

Not sure anything has changed :confused:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't really seem to figure out how to beat destroyers as an assassin or FM. Are these matchups just kinda one sided for now? Going to have to roll a destroyer just to see what makes em tick.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Use the cross-server dungeon finder, it really owns bones. You can power through dungeons like a champ.

LoG posted:

So what do I do with all of these slice of pizza shield things taking up all the slots in my inventory?

Salvage them for upgrade mats, then use the purple shield spares (or blues that have stats you want) to updated your slotted shields.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Something I noticed and I'm not sure if it's Internet Lag or Input Lag or something else. I tend to not spam keys and I think it's hurting my game a lot, especially on reactionary skills like getting out of grapples and such. I'm noticing that I'll press F to retreat and the button will lightup and nothing happens. REALLY notice it on my FM moreso. Should I just be spamming escapes and or skills in general? Typically playing with <80ms ping.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xavier434 posted:

Edit: I should mention that the only thing that appears laggy is skill input. Everything else in the game is running smooth as silk.

I'm finding really bad input lag as well. Especially when in Arena PVP or Instance Dungeons.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Well I'm done with this game. :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Wait what happened?

Input lag is killer for me. It's actually more of a see button pop up, press button, see button highlight, nothing happens. I'm not much on being a button spammer :shobon:

It's not a big deal in PVE stuff, and open world PVP bu,t godamn, is it painful in Arena combat. Gonna play around with some settings to see if I can make it better.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think they have to be the same level at all. It's just that the ones you get from wheel spins can't be used as upgrade components. Anything that drops, or comes from a boss drop can.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

That can't be true because I used Soul Shields from the Pinchy spin wheel to give crit to my entire Cinderlands Hero Soul shield set.

Do the pincy spin wheel shields have to be unlocked or do they come unlocked? Maybe only the Stalker ones are like that?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xavier434 posted:

Finally figured out my input lag issue which is great because I was about to give up. I'm really enjoying the game now. Here are some patch notes for those poor unfortunate souls that are behind a firewall today:

What was the fix?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish Arena PVP would just make you lvl 45 with all the talents available. They got SOOOO close to getting it right and then hosed up this one bit. Also being able to shift your stats similar to GW2 would be pretty drat sweet as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

How does one avoid getting hit as a FM? The CD on backstep seems obscene, even when you've put that 1 point into it.

You tell all the enemies to chill out.

• Locked thread