Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

khy posted:

As tempting as this is it's still a KMMO and that just raises all the warning flags.

Tell me, goons, what makes this different than the fifty previous KMMO games?

It's worse than all of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong?

I'm wearing my faction uniform, and I've killed some NPCs and some players. I'd like to increase my rank from Initiate. I go to the Prestige Exchange Merchant. It says I have am an Initiate, with 100 Faction Contribution Points. It won't let me exchange anything or increase any ranks, and I can't gain any more "points".

Been looking online for hours and nobody else seems to have this problem.

* How do you rank up from initiate if this isn't the way it's done?
* Why can't I exchange points?
* How do I get over 100 points? I've been capped for days.

Edit: This is what I see every time I go to this merchant. I have had 100 points capped forever.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 31, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Clarste posted:

You rank up automatically from faction contribution points, you don't need to exchange them. What that guy is doing is offering to exchange Prestige Points for faction contribution, which is the fastest way to earn it. You get Prestige Points for killing players or NPCs with a little number under their health bar, if you're not too high level. You lose all Prestige Points when you die (and your killer takes them), so it's a bit risky. You also lose them from taking off your uniform, so remember to turn them in.

You can also get faction contribution from doing daily quests.

Where can I see my Contribution points? And why can't I exchange my 100 prestige points for faction points there?

Edit: I see that I have 100/200 Contribution points, and 0 prestige points. But I've been stuck at 100/200 Contribution for days.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 31, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Clarste posted:

You don't have 100 prestige, you have 0 (which is the little number at the bottom, next to the blue circle). You have 100 contribution like you thought, which is essentially just faction XP. At a guess, you're not earning any more because you've outleveled the daily quests that were giving it to you.

I just verified - I completed another daily quick quest with my faction in the Crimson Command Post in Scorching Sands. The quest was supposed to award 20 Faction Contribution Points. Quest complete.

My contribution points are STILL 100/200. No matter what I do (PvP, killing NPCs, doing faction quests), I'm stuck at this random cap. This is getting insanely frustrating.

Any idea?

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 31, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Jaroslav posted:

Level doesn't matter for turning quests in.

Correct. I should still be getting points from these daily quests, as far as I can tell. For what it's worth, I am 38 now. I have been stuck at 100/200 contribution points since level 24.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

cathead posted:

Just stop worrying about it until you get to 45 and then you can do a couple Razorwing Ravine dailies and get to the next rank and then you'll be doing MIsty Woods dailies forever for Soulstones anyway and you'll climb in rank fairly fast.

That won't work if I remain capped at 100. I'm not really excited about putting more time into this if there's a bug here.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

linall posted:

That or put in a support ticket. NCsoft is incompetent, so it'll probably take them a week or so to address it, but I'm sure it'll get sorted eventually.

I put in a support ticket, but my problem also suddenly and mysteriously resolved itself when I rebooted my computer (yes, I am aware how insane that sounds). I have no idea why a reboot would fix the issue. I turned in one quest in Cinderlands before rebooting, and was stuck at 100. Then reboot, log back in, turn in the second quest, and now I'm at 120.

So... problem solved, I guess?

Thank you goons. Back to punching blue people.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 31, 2016

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

I should mention that this game has some of the worst bear rear end collecting available that I've ever seen.

Oh sure, I'd absolutely love to collect 15 bear asses for you, all in this small area where only 5 bears spawn and seven other people are camping the poo poo out of the individual bear spawn points in order to harvest some rear end.

Pfffah closed tagging? Hell yeah. I loving love this outdated concept from the early aught aughts that every other game developer has gotten the gently caress rid of.

I know I'll swap to channel 7. Oh gently caress 15 people are camping instead of the orignal 7, so I'll just switch back. A TIMER? HURRAY!

Don't forget the rest of the story!

- everyone is forced to play through the same zones and quests in the same order; there is no "go to a different zone to quest for a while"
- grinding is terribly ineffective, so skipping the quests is basically impossible

Fortunately, I play as a KFM with a low ping so it goes quick (I can instantly distance-tag from three different abilities). Given how backwards the design is, I am usually pleasantly surprised at how quickly it does finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 11, 2016

• Locked thread