Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I can't resist at least trying out any new f2p pet class; being able to be a tiny old person is a bonus. The giant-headed cartoon kitten walking around on its hind legs doing martial arts is a little too silly for me though. Are all the customization options basically skin changes on that one model?

Should I just wait for warlock and accept being grimdark instead? :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Warlocks aren't really pet classes. They get a long cooldown nuke that summons a demon that stays for a while but its still a nuke and not a persistent thing.

Mildly disappointing, but I might try it anyway. Fighting with charms and talismans sounds reasonably cool in itself.

cathead posted:

Here's a handy chart:

Thanks! Looks like it is mostly skin changes, but I think I could probably design something fun using one of the fatter bodies. That one face looks like a panda. :3:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone have any character creation tips for getting the "little old kung fu master" look? I've been playing around with sliders but so far my summoner still kinda looks like a delicate twelve year old anime trying to go as Gandalf for Halloween. :laffo:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

randombattle posted:

Body type and sizes are real important. Lower those shoulders and don't make your guy lanky because thats how you look like a 12 year old.

Lowering the shoulders helped, and yeah I'm definitely going through various slider combos of bulky/fat. The face is the worst though, there's something about the jaw that still screams "this is a child wearing old man makeup."

EDIT: Wait, here we go, "jaw angle" is finally improving on that.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I think I'll just be waiting and playing with the character gen occasionally until the population settles and I can find a nice relaxing medium/low server to quest on. Wanted to post the current draft of my summoner though, since there were some great posts in the thread about how to make characters not look like anime barbie children. Ended up somewhere between "little old kung fu master" and "aging hippie," which sounds about right for an old dude that hangs out with his cat all day. :v: (Just noticed I made his hands too big though, should fix that.)

I assume making an old kung fu master woman is a little more difficult due to higher volume of creepy fanservice outfits for female characters, but I think it's definitely safe to say you can make a non-comedy Lyn character without feeling like you've been put on a watchlist somewhere.

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Your Computer posted:

Well, they're the only race that actually wear clothes in this game. :v:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Me and my friends have been enjoying as of late looking through the various outfits through the wardrobe option. Seems like Lyn is, surprisingly, the consistently least creepy race. Guess these guys aren't like TERA.

:monocle:

I guess I'd forgotten the OP does mention their outfits tending to be "pretty modest." I'm impressed, cause yeah, even with that in mind my expectations would have been pretty low for a game like this. (Especially after briefly trying out TERA. The novelty of playing a pudgy badger-man warrior wore off pretty quick.)

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 24, 2016

• Locked thread