Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This looks exactly like TERA: Fun combat, cheesy world, no endgame. So long as leveling is fun I'm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

cathead posted:

There is very much an endgame. Granted, we'll be getting it over time (though they claim they want to expedite it as much as they can), but in Korea there's a ton of content. I think there's something like 17 different dungeons spread across varying gear requirements in both 6man (easier) and 4man (harder) forms, 3 24-man raids, Mushin's Tower where you do solo boss fights on each floor to advance to the next, and plenty of world bosses and daily quest areas.

Endgame gearing in this game is less RNG intensive than Tera as well, instead of trying to get enchants to stick you'll be gradually collecting materials to evolve your weapons and accessories, and collecting soul shield sets and enhancing them with extra stats using other soul shields. You'll also be gradually getting xp for your Hongmoon levels to get more skill points. There's also a ridiculous amount of costumes and other cosmetic stuff to collect and farm for.
I see you're dead right and I was looking at old posts. That's reassuring then!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The best class is the class that can perform the Inazuma Drop, this holds true for all games, everywhere.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So is the PVP here as crazy as it in Age of Wushu (kidnap offline players and sell them into slavery, invade and burn down guild halls, steal their skillbooks) or is it basic arena + world PVP stuff?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Ops are in the past and I'm always looking AHEAD (to gaming) (sorry)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

IRSmurf posted:

FYI: Founder's Pack weapon skin and consumables can only be redeemed on ONE character
Wow, that's a little cheap of them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RPZip posted:

The animation-cancelable one is single target, making it AoE is pretty valuable and Eradicate is head and shoulders above the AoE cleave option.

Also, hope everyone is enjoying your massive queues even before free players get in on a game where PvE and PvP can all be done cross-server just to get onto the same server everyone else is!
How so? Just in dungeons/arenas like Warcraft's Dungeon Finder, or will players in a group be brought into the same instances?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Schubalts posted:

Players in the same group go into the same instance, and there is also the cross-server group finder for dungeons and arenas. The dungeon finder even puts you in a neat little lobby, complete with guy who accepts turn-ins for all of your dungeon dailies and a shop so you can repair and restock easily, with a few other groups. So you can sit around and chill with people from any server while you wait for your groupmates to get ready for repeated runs.

And before you get put it in a group, the dungeon finder has a big chat channel, meant for group invite-links that you can simply click on to join their group if there's room.

BnS really wants it to be easy for you to play with people, no matter what your server population is like.
Are Guilds and guild chat still segregated by server though? Because that's always going to be my reason to roll on high pop servers, queues or not.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm liking the game and I do actually like the kMMO system of 'throw lots of small shiny things at the player' when it isn't that expensive so I'm looking forward to playing pretty princess kung-fu dressup. The only thing I really miss is a 'preferred player' system like TERA and SWTOR has (pay money once for small account upgrades) because more character slots would have been nice!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I would be half-tempted to get a month of sub to play until the game cools down but NCSoft won't let you sub directly and you can't just buy coins in the amount you need, you have to buy either 800+400 or 1600. Assholes.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Amante posted:

There's that $5 deal that gets you a week of premium (and permanently through queues, etc.), you can buy that at cost I think? If not then that'd be lame, yeah.
Oh, so it's like TERA/SWTOR where if you paid any money at all you get preferred status at queues?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Have many people signed up for the EU guild? Still thinking about getting premium but right now it's easier to log onto US servers in EU primetime than EU servers in EU primetime. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do I have to be on the same faction to one day group/guild up with goons? Because my swordmaster character who is 90 years old and blind doesn't look good in red. :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Speaking of Hongmoon weapons do they change their appearance at all, or do they remain the same from 1-45 and they want you to re-skin them using drops and the cash store?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
not gonna lie i spept like 20mins farming Stalker Jiangshi for the outfit

Also it's good to know we have more PVE stuff coming soon-ish.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
At what point do classes begin to really open up and you get to play around with their toolbox? I've managed a few up to level 10-12 so far trying to get a handle on what I like but obviously at such a low level it's nothing more than 'LB LB LB 2 2 2' with a block or dodge mixed in.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Holla at people trying Blade Master and finding it a little dry: It gets like ten times cooler when you get the Iajutsu stance and the amazing dodge at around level 15. Not amazing in the sense of being overpowered but amazing in that it looks straight out of Metal Gear Rising.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm not that far yet but just having an alternative to 'block > rmb > rmb' for killing single mobs was enough to make the class way more fun.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Eimi posted:

Is there a way to set up the sub over their website or something else I'm missing? Otherwise it seems the only way to get a sub is buy a 10$ and 5$ or a 20$ package of their funbux which is...incredibly loving stupid. Especially because they charge you tax and it bothers me when mmos charge tax on their 'sub' fee.
You're not missing anything, it's blatantly priced to get you to buy more than you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also is it me or the queue totally gone now? My Student pack ran out a day ago and yet I've switched character twice tonight with zero waiting.

• Locked thread