Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

As tempting as this is it's still a KMMO and that just raises all the warning flags.

Tell me, goons, what makes this different than the fifty previous KMMO games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

cathead posted:

Did you not read the OP because I wrote a ton of words about exactly that.

Yes, but I've seen phrases like "Interesting and well-designed PvP" and "lack of a holy trinity" so often that my brain filters them out without realizing it. My eyes did linger on 'It gets pretty grindy' which for a KMMO could mean many different things.

So I figured I'd just ask in the hopes that someone here would give a good summary.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

If I were to buy an additional slot, would that give me permanent status to the queues or do I need to get a premium membership?

I won't actually spend money until I get in and see if it's worthwhile, but I'm curious what my options are if I actually do play.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Kind of want to be a summoner except jesus gently caress the Lyn race looks retarded as hell. I swear the males look as feminine or moreso than the females.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

DeathSandwich posted:

You can make it work, just go full hideous, it happens pretty quick with all the sliders.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

The best part is watching her do all the kung-fu poses while waiting in queue.

khy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 21, 2016

khy
Aug 15, 2005

How do I unlock the in-game camera to view my character from the front?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

That just unlocks the mouse but I can't swing the camera around.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The queues on all the servers are perpetually infinite. This game is so fun you guys.

I think I give up until they make new servers to flood and even then I'm expecting those to fill up with queues in no time too.

Newly released free to play game is popular, this is somehow news to people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

randombattle posted:

I don't think they expected several hour long queues across multiple servers.

Given NCSoft's history I'm not sure why anyone would expect anything else.

Anyway, several questions.

1) Level cap is 45, correct? I heard something about it being raised to 50? Is this forthcoming, speculated, etc?
2) Hongmoon weapons/accessories/whatever. Will they more or less always be the 'best' for your level? At what point would I start finding weapons stronger than the Hongmoon one?
3) Does 'unsealing' a weapon make it more worthwhile in some way? Like, worth more points to upgrade a hongmoon weapon or something IDK.
4) What sort of endgame does this have? Does it rely on PvP heavily, have major raids like Wildstar/WoW, or what specifically do you gear up for?
5) Is there enough PvP in the game that would encourage/discourage me from wearing my faction outfit while I level? (Specifically on Mushin and Jiwan) Do you get XP from world PvP?

khy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 21, 2016

• Locked thread