Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm pretty hyped for this game after managing to get in to the JP version late last night. Feels pretty good to play (though the incompleteness of the english patch is giving me a hard time :v:).

Gotta try to find the time to try all the classes, though. How far in do I need to get with FM, KFM and Destroyer to have a fair idea of how they play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I already very much like the fact that your outfit and your actual statistical gear are completely disconnected. Lets the devs make stuff that looks good and doesn't clip moronically, I hope.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Not even level 10 and drat do I look good for an old tinyman (all old people become tiny suddenly in cartoons, right)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The constant switching of which abilities are active/visible depending on whether my last move was fire or ice on my FM is throwing me off a bit, though I'm only 12 I think. I imagine most of the other classes are similarly context sensitive, right?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hm, windows defender has decided the JP translation patcher is malware and deleted it. drat, guess that's the end of that.

Suppose I could try the TW version to kill time until the US launch, anyway...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cyron posted:

if I buy the founder pack, can I play the beta? I want to somehow play this game but it seem like I am walking though a malware minefield when looking for the other regions patchers.

There's no betas left, just early access, which is available with the cheapest pack, starting a week from Friday IIRC.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I have decided that picking up nerds and slamming them around as Destroyer will be my go to way to have fun in this game. Goodness that feels fun, even at level like 7.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

chumbler posted:

I got kind of bored with destroyer rather quickly, to be honest. It spices things up a bit when you get the spinning piledriver later, but having so little variety in attacks wears out its welcome.

cathead posted:

You can pick up your allies too and move them around, if they're KOd.

The competing arguments are breaking my brain :saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I realized about the animation cancelling thing, yeah. My ability to actually do so is sporadic at best, but I choose to blame that on the fact that I'm playing on the Taiwan servers from western America :v:

I hope success isn't too ping dependent, for Destroyer or otherwise. The ping-reliance of Ninja in FFXIV killed that class stone dead for me, for example.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Is this normal enough for you?

You can easily make normal looking people so long as you are Jin. Well, normal beautiful people or hideous monsters. There is no inbetween.

Eeesh, that approaches Ark levels of abomination. :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Themage posted:

smdh if people don't go punchmans in a wuxia game.

swords and Weird Magic poo poo are just as wuxia as punchmans :colbert:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do KFMs get energy blasts / kamehamehas, this is very important

Failing that, do FMs (as opposed to fire and ice blasts, I mean)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I don't like pet classes :smith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mmmeeeehhhhhhhhh MMO pets are awwfulllll, being adorable dressup cats won't save them

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Did get KFM to 10 today. I like the flow of it a lot more than Destroyer, and already having two long distance approaches rules, but not having much AoE at that level kinda stinks. Plus the ping on TW makes it hard to combo right (not that comboing is hugely relevant with a maxed out Hongmoon weapon at that level, but hey yo).

Fun to get the flow right, though, which I wasn't really expecting. Guess I have to give BM and Sin a chance after all, before the game launches.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I opened up the US client by mistake after it finished patching and it asked me for a security PIN, like it did when I signed up for a JP account. It's just showing that because the servers aren't running, right :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

AngstPenguin posted:

Did you play Wildstar? Did you use their auth thing?

Awe gently caress, you're right. And I never properly took off the authenticator.

Wait why did it let me log in and buy the $25 pack without authenticating then, I haven't had the right authenticator installed on my phone in a dog's age :psyduck:

(edit) And why did said site let me remove said authenticator with nothing more than an email, what is even the point if removal is so easy :psypop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do BM moves, aesthetically, have a lot of focus on lightning or is it mostly sword poo poo?

I really like lightning and am sad that FM apparently has none to call upon

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wish the launcher would save my password, I have to wander over to LastPass and copy/paste the thing every time. Bluh bluh.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I forget, can you upgrade founders packs? I see myself playing this for a good long while, from my experience with the foreign servers.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder, if I were to just queue up to log in then go to bed, if I would be in game when I woke up in a few hours. :v:

Quoting myself to say it worked :gotin:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Themage posted:

the queue is currently 875 minutes

Yeah I want to go play XCOM for a while but I'm scared of exiting B&S :ohdear:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I can't decide what class to put in my second slot next to FM :( Dest maybe, since the ping seems OK on US servers?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

RoyalScion posted:

Just FYI the newest patch today (Update 8?) completely breaks launching the game for some people, so if you're logged in don't log out (although you shouldn't do that anyways if you hope to get a spot in less than 4 hours).

Ah, that explains that. No playing Destroyer tonight, I guess :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Their twitter also says they're letting people transfer their founder's pack stuff (not their characters) off of Mushin and Windrest for a week. Nice I guess???

https://twitter.com/bladeandsoul/status/688532946182012928

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I didn't try Assassin during the prior week on TW, are they especially PvP oriented or does everyone sort of work okay in PvE? I stress too much against other people so I can't do it much :saddowns:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So do wuxia worlds usually have flamethrowers and pump-action spearguns along with their crazy kung fu magic

'cos this kind of owns

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Been playing Assassin. Apparently at some point I got a move on Q (Shadow Dance) but it doesn't have a hotbar thingy, I only learned it because that little tutorial dork told me about it

Is there a reason it doesn't appear on my UI?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gearhead posted:

Some abilities will only appear when you meet the conditions for using it. For instance, FM has abilities on F and the F hotkey only appears after a crit.

Yeah, I realized that, but Shadow Dance doesn't seem to have any conditions at all, so I'd sort of expect it to always appear.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Assassin seems fun so far but I'm worried I'm not exactly going to be providing a lot of utility in dungeons. Still only like 15 though, so I haven't seen one yet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

KFM just doesn't "Click" for me. I think my timing is all off on it. Which is funny because BM requires pretty good timing too yet it clicked fine.

I can't string together sick combos on BM (yet) that I can on my assassin though. Assassin really gets some really sick synergies early on, but they weren't kidding in that you have to really set things up positioningwise or you'll get your rear end kicked. Especially with packs.

I'm not 20 on Assassin yet but yeah this one might be too complicated for me based on the PvE I've done so far :downs:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stormgale posted:

Assassin is really simple:

Your goal: Be in stealth and do the RBF (4) combo, just alternating between right click and F

How you achieve this:

Use 1 to charge the enemies back, you can do this either by moving around, using tab or backing away while stealthed (they won't turn for about a second)
Poison them then use 1 in stealth
Trait 3 in stealth to return you to stealth
Dodge an attack with 2 or Q
Use tab while unstealthed on a poisoned enemy

I assumed this required points in RMB so I did and uh wtf that's a lot of damage :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just got to 20, does the game guide you into proper dungeons or should I just go to the group finder and try things?

Speaking of trying things, only purple ones are proper dungeons, right, or how does that all work?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wait, you loot by bidding? Weird, what's to stop the infernally rich slash goldbuyers from hoarding?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, well then. I thought the cash disappeared into the ether.

I did my first dungeon just now so I kind of still have no real idea what the gently caress I'm doing :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

During loot phases, if I wander off to the next zone of a dungeon during the bid war do I forfeit profits?

I'm level 22 now, should I be doing something with my old gear besides vendoring it or feeding it into the endless maw of my hongmoon gear?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh one more, does the mouse not always stick to the window for anyone else? I seem to keep having the thing go out of window during lots of clicking and giving me a context menu in another monitor :mad:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

How hard would you all say BM or BD are to play well (in PvE, insofar as such a thing matters) compared to Assassin? Thinking about buying a character slot to roll one until I want to play 'sin again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Alright then which of BM and BD looks cooler / has more lightning (this is secretly the same question restated)

• Locked thread