Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
In the tradition of best/worst things ever on GBS, what in your experience is the worst TV show you've come across? I'll get this started with the following:

Description in the pic says it all. This idea could only have been pitched by someone who smoked crack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

reality tv, all of it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
signfield

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I hate that show on BET where the white guy is the butt of all the jokes. really feels like a personal attack on my identity.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'd have to say 19 kids and counting or "viva Laughlin"

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Muppet Babies.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
that one that you like

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Cheers

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Small Wonder

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Allen Gregory

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Glee

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I actually don't own a tv op

*hoverboards away~

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

theres so much bad tv how could you pick just 1

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax
How I Met Your Mother
Two and a Half Men
The Big Bang Theory

No surprise these are all insanely popular TV shows. My in-laws have watched them over the years and I just sit there on the couch not understanding why they are laughing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Dexter. It's Dexter.

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.
I'm surprised no one thus far has mentioned the Kardashians by name. Annoying through all the generations.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Cop Rock was from right before TV started slowly getting more and more serious. Eventually we ended up with the Second Golden Age which is good but sometimes I miss TV just being silly and weird. Sometimes it would try to "address serious issues" but really just continued being dumb. It kind of made you feel good you know?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Real housewives of wherever

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There have been a lot of bad TV shows I hated, but I think Allen Gregory was the worst show ever made.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Allen Gregory even ended with a rape, which I think was intended as a rape joke, only there's no actual components of a working joke, so it's just a rape.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I liked How I Met your Mother the first time through, because Jason Segal is cool and it was just playing on Netflix in the background while I did other things.

Now when I catch it on tv, I have a hard time standing any of it.

I also hate Seinfeld.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Real Housewives of Orange County

She like spent $50k on her 4 year old daughter's birthday and just made it some weird super involved affair that was obviously her own wish fulfillment. Then later the party starts the daughter is scared as gently caress because there's like 100 strangers in the yard doing weird 'mad hatter tea party' poo poo and when she runs off the mom says 'idgaf' and starts posing for the photographer that was supposed to be for the daughter while the daughter is crying by herself sitting on a swing set

it was :psyduck: as gently caress

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 4, 2016

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Big Bang Theory is nerd blackface and I find it triggering and problematic.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
hey they were coming off the heady days of Les Miserables which juxtaposed the gritty world of the french revolution with musical numbers

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Kuato posted:

Big Bang Theory is nerd blackface and I find it triggering and problematic.

Does the tall one have autism or does the show just think scientists act like autistics?

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

This isn't the thread for best TV shows.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
this is a 100% true story which i may have shared before

my dad is a high functioning autist and since sheldon appeared on prime time he's become lionized and is way more of a pain in the rear end than hes ever been

gently caress chuck lorre gently caress that rear end in a top hat eat poo poo you loving hack exploitationist

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
the only bonus is the idea of a 'non-optional social convention' that helps slightly

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
Heil Honey I'm Home!

It's the wacky Hitler sitcom!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
For my money it's 12 oz. Mouse.
Adult Swim commissioned a lot of lovely low effort shows, but that one was the worst one.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Horniest Manticore posted:

Heil Honey I'm Home!

holy poo poo

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

huskarl_marx posted:

holy poo poo

you're welcome :)

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
ever is a tough subject but the show that makes me angry most these days is Two Broke Girls aka Chuck Lorre's Concubine Hour

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

Horniest Manticore posted:

Heil Honey I'm Home!

Came out the same year as Cop Rock. Coincidence? I think not.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Yeah, this is probably it

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

huskarl_marx posted:

this is a 100% true story which i may have shared before

my dad is a high functioning autist and since sheldon appeared on prime time he's become lionized and is way more of a pain in the rear end than hes ever been

gently caress chuck lorre gently caress that rear end in a top hat eat poo poo you loving hack exploitationist

yeah i have a sperg nephew who was doing OK until he started idolizing sheldon, now he has no friends and gets beat up on the regular at school.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.

www posted:

reality tv, all of it.

God this - SO MUCH THIS.

It's killed TLC, Discovery, and the Hitler channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I'm stuck with saying Two and Half Men just because my old coworkers used to play it on our office's TV everyday.
Every joke was essentially designed the same.
Charlie has sex. Allen doesn't. Kid says he's hungry or something.

• Locked thread