Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably Happy Days.

edit: also, Greed: The Series

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Superior Bastard posted:

Forgot about this jewel...

Umm, this isn't the amazing tv show thread dude.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I will say the first few season of the Walking Dead weren't terrible or anything, but my girlfriend refuses to give up on it, so I have seen a lot of season 6 and I can't tell if they are being serious or if the writers are just loving with fans for amusement?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

But when you're a kid you're legally obligated to watch the same Sportscenter like 7 times in a row when you stay home sick.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just remembered Baby Bob

quote:

Baby Bob is an American sitcom that launched on CBS as a midseason replacement in March 2002. The Baby Bob character had previously been on television since February 2000, appearing in commercials for FreeInternet.com.[1] While actual infants played Bob, the effect to make him look like he was talking was achieved through computer editing.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Oh, yes, Mulaney was loving garbage, and that dude is my favorite comedian.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Killswitch posted:

How I met your mother managed a nice steady decline, and by the end I was actively rooting against Ted. What a loving little bitch. 9 seasons of crying over his pissy insignificant problems, I actually laughed and cheered when his wife died of cancer .

gently caress that show. And gently caress you, Ted. Bitch.

I just can't believe they stuck with it when everyone speculated that might be the ending and then laughed because it would be really dumb. They could have easily called an audible, but no, they just had to have that stupid ending.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

laserghost posted:

The Bold and the Beatiful

7,000 episodes jfc

I have a friend who says he met someone who was in that show and they said they get two takes max for every shot. I have no idea if either party is full of poo poo, but I don't really doubt it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Superior Bastard posted:

This is one that hopefully is in its death throes.

Is this the one where they guzzle wine at 8 AM? I've known some alcoholics that couldn't even start drinking that early...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

There is some show where a deaf girl gets switched at birth or something and it is loving garbage.

edit: I guess it is called Switched at Birth, I feel like Homer Simpson.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wasn't it destined to be poo poo no matter what because Chevy was doing about an ounce of high quality coke every day?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

thathonkey posted:

Did that show based on a joke twitter account called @shitmydadsays or something ever air or did the execs sober up and pull it before further embarassing thenselves

I vaguely remember this show and looking it up caused me to learn that Surviving Jack, a good show that was cancelled after a year, was also based on tweets by that same twitter idiot. So I guess gently caress you for ruining that good show for me with this new knowledge.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Actually BBT is really good if you know how to watch it ironically. :smug:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

All of the shows I liked as a kid in the early 90s are loving terrible when I go back and watch them. Like Major Dad. The early 90s just sucked...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Millions of Crows posted:

Coach still holds up. As does Married with Children.

Good point, I marathoned Coach a year or so ago on Netflix and it was quite enjoyable. The pro football episodes weren't so great, but I think I watched most of them until completely losing interest sometime in the final season I believe.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Blistex posted:

How is this even a debate? "Yes Dear" is the correct answer.

I like yes dear. :(

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Listen Up! is clearly the superior show about a sportswriter and his family/life.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Humboldt Squid posted:

Shows like Ancient aliens and Bigfoot hunter and Monster molester actively make the world a dumber place so they've got my vote.

I know this has been said a million times but we didn't know how good we had it back when the History Channel was the Hitler Channel.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

According to Jim is even worse

Yes Dear, According to Jim, and Still Standing used to be my lunch break shows on TBS. They just kind of rotated those for a few years in the early 2010s.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What, you don't think spending half of your cartoon showing clips of Conway Twitty is good television?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I had the tv on the other day and I guess Family Ties was on. I wasn't paying much attention but I saw one scene where Michael J. Fox was telling some kid how lucky he was to have been born during the Reagan years and grow up during the Bush years and that hopefully he would never see a Democrat president. I don't even care if you're playing that for laughs, you don't say that.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cacator posted:

All I've ever seen of King of Queens is this clip where Patton Oswalt stands completely still in the background for the entire scene. Does that make it good or bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2QE3JpWfTo

Haha, I've seen that scene a million times and never noticed that.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I like King of Queens too. I like bad television.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

ghlbtsk posted:

Whatever is currently the most popular and/or most favorably reviewed show is the worst TV show ever.

What do you have against Sunday Night Football??

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Season 2 wasn't so bad, except for all of those modern day cuts to loving Adam Levine.

edit: literally, Adam Levine loving

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

Season 1 ("Murder House") is a little more coherent but everything after Asylum is unwatchable IMO. The current season, "Hotel", had such a great premise that I was intrigued, so I got through two episodes. It's unfathomably bad. It's too bad because the show is heavily stylized and has great cinematography but it's all style and zero substance.

Well dammit, when I saw what Hotel was based on I was kind of excited to give it a shot. I might anyway someday if I'm really bored.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Doc Block posted:

Name one thing that Melissa McCarthy was ever funny in.

I liked her in Gilmore Girls. Another terrible show that I like. I mean, she was kind of annoying, but that was the character and I thought it was funny.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Huge Fucker Bitch posted:

The Wire is the worst show i have ever seen.

I dare you to tell Jason Whitlock that to his face.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Dog with a Blog should be the worst show ever if you just read the description, but turns out it is actually the best show ever.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

I looked up Allen Gregory because of this thread and now I need to be assured that Jonah Hill has been castrated and exiled, someone please say yes.

I just kind of skimmed over all Allen Gregory posts because it sounded like some kind of stuffy British show. Hmm, guess not.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Just gonna throw on my new t-shirt. :smug:

edit: it only comes in womens, but I don't care, gently caress you!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I like the Middle, all of you people are terrible!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

shortstop posted:

Mike and Molly. How many fat jokes can you fill up an hour with? 30 mins of nasally cheeseburger jokes.

Did you know that fat people can also have sex?!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

The Seinfeld finale gets poo poo on so much that when I rewatched it a while back it actually seemed pretty good. Disregarding expectations, it is definitely below average, but I don't see how it even compares to Dexter, that was some next level poo poo.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Probably that show they made based on the hit song Castle Kids, what were they thinking?!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Cnut the Great posted:

I only made it four episodes in. The writers of that show clearly have no idea how politics or government actually loving work, and so it just wasn't very much fun seeing Kevin Spacey's character using his wit and guile to wreck poo poo, since there weren't even any quasi-realistic constraints on what he could do.

I like watching Kevin Spacey chew the scenery, it's somehow satisfying.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Fonzarelli posted:

they made a contract with him to have like, a hundred episodes, and then they had to make them all and burned them all off in two years as fast as they can. There are seriously like 90 episodes of that piece of poo poo.

Season 1: 10 episodes
Season 2: 90 episodes

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Autumn Angel posted:

It's weird that people are mentioning "The IT Crowd" in this thread. It's one of the few sitcoms I like, truly hilarious! The gay musical episode in season 2 is brilliant. To each his own I guess.

I hate "Modern Family" a lot. It tries to be politically progressive in a number of ways but forgets how to be interesting at all. Every character is completely unlikable and 1-dimensional.

Sometimes I'll have the ABC Wednesday lineup on in the background (The Middle, The Goldbergs, and Blackish are all good enough) but I really just don't like Modern Family. It rarely makes me laugh and I don't really find any of the characters to be likable people. I don't know, I just hate them all.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jesus... I couldn't make it through more than a couple minutes, that is loving garbage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Did anyone see Babes? Always thought that looked bad.

"BABES," is my opinion, is an absolute FOX classic! I don't think I've seen every episode, but I still enjoyed it. It's hard to say which episode was my favorite. However, I think it was always funny when a mishap occurred. I always laughed at that. Despite the fact that it was a short-lived series, it was nice that the three main characters stayed with the show throughout its entire run. It seems that no one stays with a show throughout its entire run. Everyone always gave a good performance, the production design was spectacular, the costumes were well-designed, and the writing was always very strong. In conclusion, I hope they bring it back on the air for fans of the show to see.

• Locked thread