Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I'll judge this, 500 words, 29 march 2359 PST, prompt: beginnings are such delicate times. Toxx up.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Is your cabal good?

it's ok

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I've got no problem writing this prompt and losing, but if I toxx do I get banned if I lose?

it's just if you fail to post

quote:

:toxx:

on ya, sonia

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

my next three dome stories will have a :toxx: on them

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

:siren: judgment:siren:

These were both riddled with irritating flaws, crappy punctuation mistakes and way too many adverbs. But one of them delivered a jumbled mound of (mildly engaging) story bits with the wrappers and price tags still on and the other actually built me a little story house in a few hundred words. Newt takes it with a metre or two to spare.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

newtestleper posted:

terrible judging! I can only find one adverb in my whole story!

(I'll grant you the irritating errors and punctuation)

It was a really bad one.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3.141592653 posted:

Crabrock, when you say this:

do you mean it can have descriptive stuff? Or what is the "other" that you are insinuating here?
And, would you mind giving an excerpt of an example for me?

Lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3.141592653 posted:

gently caress yeah I called him mister.
I'm far too polite to insult others. Far too polite.

edit: never mind. retarded brain is retarded.

stop talking

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

ok that's it, too much fighting, i'm closing this thread

say goodnight thunderdome

fuk u

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

lol

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

crabrock posted:

one of your chars just got bad news, and the other char doesn't know at the beginning of your story

SIGNUPS CLOSED

judge spot still open, assuming seb takes the other like he offered.

yeah im judge

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flerp posted:

holy poo poo nobody cares stop posting if it isnt "in," your entry, or crits

Or shitposting, flerp, you loving mongoloid.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sparksbloom posted:

Any volunteers for the last judge slot?

someone take this as you're almost certainly too bad to get it any other way judgeland is a magical place

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3.141592653 posted:

I'm not good with acronyms. Can you please elaborate?

Ur mum is a please elaborate

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

In, flash, :toxx: and I challenge grizpat to take my flash rule too I will crush u

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

come on you dam dirty apes do you want to live forever

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3.141592653 posted:

God, Flerp, no one cares unless it's a crit or in, or anything useful, jeeeeez.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

3.141592653 posted:

Is this poo poo talk lesson 10 1?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

as the acknowledged tdome master of magical reelism i can advise that the best way to do it is poop on a page in the shape of words then add wizards/elves.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

deleted

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 2, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

interprompt: HOLY poo poo ITS A BEAR

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

oh you are all so horrible

who wants a brawl

i will gently caress you up

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ok you yappy cocksucker, you want it, here it is

you choose the prompt, i do the word count

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

1k words, exactly. Not including title. :toxx:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Goodpancakes posted:

Hey thanks for the crits! The intention was that its a magician and not actually a wizard but I'm bad.

lol

e: in with exploding ice block lol

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 3, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If you want to publish it, then before the end of the year come back and delete it. It will stay in the archive though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chernabog posted:

Is it ok to post our entry now or do we have to wait until the signups are over? I'm going to be a bit busy during the weekend.

Don't ask permission, do what you think is best and laugh in the face of any who would gainsay u

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

deleted

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 2, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

interprompt: god loving dammit i nearly made it, 100 words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E86gWQs-ios

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I feel super bad for you. Does baby wanna brawl, make it all better?

haha, yeah sure i'll squish you if you want. 500 words, who'll judge.

e: :toxx:

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 10, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flerp posted:

shameful judging

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

Didn't read the prompt, am in, pick all the things for me

the judges are dickshit puzzlewits, I had that HM in the bag. god what is this amateur hour??

Your but is amateurs hour

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

Okay, let's make this official. Exactly 1000 words of actual story set in the lands of your twisted kiwi imaginations. You both know my threshold for weird so don't hold back.

edit: to make this more fun, you both have to crib each other's styles. IT IS SO.

Deadline: Sunday, May 15th at 11:59:59 (That's like Monday the 16th at 8PM for you moon people).

Muffin, toxx up laddy

what is the hurry also can you not count is that one of your issues that you have

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Eminence Rouge

500 words

Three months into his campaign Jimmy Slattery realised his campaign manager was the Devil. The realisation punched deep into his brain then came to rest, sizzling with the heat of its passage.

“Hank,” Jimmy said. “Have you always had the, uh.” He pointed at Hank’s horns. “The horns?”

Hank reached up to touch them with a red-nailed hand, looking puzzled. The horns were long and curled like a shofar. “These? I guess so. They’re getting pretty grey these days though, haha! Anyway, we’re gonna be needing some full court press on the southern--” Hank stopped. “Jimmy, you got a funny look on, is there a problem?”

Jimmy stood up. The skin all down his back felt cold and dimpled, like a plucked chicken fresh out of the cooler. “Yeah, Hank, I got a problem with my campaign gettin’ run by the God-damned Prince of Lies! You’re fired, Hank!”

There was an awkward silence in the trailer. Then Jimmy blundered past his former campaign manager and out into the sunshine. He stumbled as he hit the ground, waved off a couple of aides clutching papers for him to sign and jogged across the hot tarmac.

Behind him Hank was calling out to him, but Jimmy was done listening. His mind was racing as he ran through all the things that should have tipped him off. The blood in the bottle? He wasn’t a goddam haemophiliac after all! And the night they’d launched the campaign and Hank had the private Mass with the heifer? Anabaptists, Jimmy knew with a sick certainty, didn’t actually do any of that stuff.

Jimmy put two fingers to his temple and pushed, rubbing at the pain of his headache. drat. He lurched into the toilets and put both hands under the cold tap. He searched his face in the mirror for a sign of the moral turpitude he now realised must have been there all along. “Jimmy, Jimmy. Satan himself? How didn’t you pick that up in the interview process?”

Then he gasped as his familiar, handsome face writhed and coiled like a bucket of worms. Moments later he was looking at Hank's red-skinned visage.

“Jimmy, I got an apology to make. I could have been more open about coming from the black pits of hell itself like a plague upon the living. But dadnabbit I care, about this dumb race. And about you, you big lug. So--”

Jimmy held up two fingers in a rough X shape. “Get thee behind me Dark One! I ain’t heeding your blandishments!”

Hank held up his hands. “Oh, no, I’m not aiming to blandish anyone. I’ll be heading back down now, I already signed my forms with Martha in payroll. I just wanted to wish you luck. And don't be a stranger."

Hank vanished, and Jimmy vomited cleanly into the basin.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 15, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

deleteed

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jan 2, 2017

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flerp posted:

wtf is this bullshit. you know what titus, real talk, i love you kid. you got heart, and you can write good sometimes, but im so loving tired of you posting this poo poo. i think the problem is that the dome has been going too easy on newbies. all this love and caring bullshit. not anymore.

we fight. brawl me

fight flerp titus

that is the first time in all the ages of man those words have lived together in a sentence

you must do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

before examining the mote of dust in another man's eye, post ur fuckin story

Lol

e: your mum is a didn't go anywher e vv

ee: winner judges the flerp titus brawl, yeah?

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 04:51 on May 17, 2016

• Locked thread