Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Ann Coulter hangs with Bill Maher, she's playing a character.

So is he.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

There was some thread, I can't find where now, that posted this tweet of hers:

https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/804189044389376000

Actually, 14 of 26 minutes aired.

14 minutes were give to you in a half hour show that's about 21 minutes without commercials.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I skipped the interview, partly I think because my mind is trying to protect itself from knowing about how many people follow the hate that comes from her.

For those that didn't skip, how was it?

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Trevor tried to get her too see the flaws in her arguments but her robot brain just kept spewing the same kind of BS. Then my brain drifted off and imagined the both of them hate-loving.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

14 minutes were give to you in a half hour show that's about 21 minutes without commercials.

So... she realises that that tweet is her complaining, right? Or does she think you need to say the magic word or it doesn't count?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I see what you mean, but I'm not sure they can be compared. He's actually a pot-smoking Islamophobe atheist, and he plays one on TV!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Die Sexmonster! posted:

I see what you mean, but I'm not sure they can be compared. He's actually a pot-smoking Islamophobe atheist, and he plays one on TV!

...who talks about how we need to trust science and then rants on about big pharma and vaccines and poo poo.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Big Pharma is understandable, they spend shitloads of money to block weed legalization so that they can keep pushing Opioids, which cause the massive Heroin epidemic, which you as tax payer end up paying for.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Ann Coulter hangs with Bill Maher, she's playing a character.

Birds of an insufferable feather.

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm not gonna complain like those LIBERALS about how unfairly I was treated, and I'm gonna let everyone on Twitter know how much I am NOT complaining!!!

What is this "snowflake" nonsense? I'm trying to figure out how it's supposed to make sense in this context and I'm coming up empty.

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 2, 2016

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

What is this "snowflake" nonsense? I'm trying to figure out how it's supposed to make sense in this context and I'm coming up empty.

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/special_snowflake_syndrome

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Right, I know what it means, and it doesn't make sense in this context. If you feel you were treated unfairly, how does it make you a "special snowflake" to say you were treated unfairly? Or that not doing so (but totally doing so) is somehow "standing your ground"?
Also, what does that have to do with liberals at all in anything other than an ARTduck fashion? It's like she is some kind of right wing Markov chain given flesh.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

raditts posted:

Right, I know what it means, and it doesn't make sense in this context. If you feel you were treated unfairly, how does it make you a "special snowflake" to say you were treated unfairly? Or that not doing so (but totally doing so) is somehow "standing your ground"?
Also, what does that have to do with liberals at all in anything other than an ARTduck fashion? It's like she is some kind of right wing Markov chain given flesh.

Oh, sorry, I didn't understand your confusion. Her rhetoric is literally too dumb for you to grasp. I honestly think that's it, and it speaks to a certain audience.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yes I believe that this polished white Texan girl who reeks of pagentry bootstrapped her way up the economic ladder, as she demands of immigrants, who absolutely must wait their decade+ turn in line for a chance at a job as an elementary school janitor.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Here's the full 26 minute interview for those who are curious.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Josh Lyman posted:

Jesus - did she even leave the studio before poting this tweet?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Gaz-L posted:

So... she realises that that tweet is her complaining, right? Or does she think you need to say the magic word or it doesn't count?

Conservative pundit so, yes? Of course she's being a giant hypocrite (if you accept the moronic premise that drawing attention to unfair treatment is demanding special treatment).

All she had to do was articulate something resembling an opinion on what black people COULD do to protest unequal treatment without being "aggressive" or whatever horseshit she was claiming BLM is.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think a few of them might have shown up to Bernie Sanders rallies.

Oh, poo poo, didn't BLM do a thing at one of those? Monsters!!

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think a few of them might have shown up to Bernie Sanders rallies.

Oh, poo poo, didn't BLM do a thing at one of those? Monsters!!
This doesn't even parse. Fix your sentences so we know who you're talking about - outside of trolling all the broken-hearted bernie bros :D

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IRQ posted:

Conservative pundit so, yes? Of course she's being a giant hypocrite (if you accept the moronic premise that drawing attention to unfair treatment is demanding special treatment).

All she had to do was articulate something resembling an opinion on what black people COULD do to protest unequal treatment without being "aggressive" or whatever horseshit she was claiming BLM is.

On reflection, while that was a solid question, I think her response does tell us something. I don't think she was acting, I think she genuinely doesn't believe there IS a level of institutional racism, because to her, racism is lynchings and the N word.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Gaz-L posted:

On reflection, while that was a solid question, I think her response does tell us something. I don't think she was acting, I think she genuinely doesn't believe there IS a level of institutional racism, because to her, racism is lynchings and the N word.
But god forbid she get called a redneck or hillbilly or dumb young girl or some poo poo - it really hurts her feelings to be stereotyped and looked down om

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

And she is apparently not alone in that sense.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

coyo7e posted:

This doesn't even parse. Fix your sentences so we know who you're talking about - outside of trolling all the broken-hearted bernie bros :D

If you're not implicitly trolling everybody, you should probably gently caress off to Reddit or something.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gaz-L posted:

It's tricky to get around this sort of misconception. People tend to get defensive when first confronted because they think "racism is bad, therefore you're saying I'm a bad person" when it's more about trying to recognize your own biases and counteract/minimize them. It's when you get defensive about passive racism (and other -isms) that you start to rationalize it, look for reasons for those reactions, and that's how folks slide into active racism.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Jesus - did she even leave the studio before poting this tweet?

Uh, yeah. It was apparently posted at ~11:00 pm, which is after the show is aired (Central Time, and they record around 5-6 pm Eastern IIRC.) And clearly she knew that 6 minutes of it had aired. So she had obviously left the studio, and then watched the show at home. I mean I'm not trying to be a dick, but maybe I didn't get your question because it was pretty clearly already answered before you asked it

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Whole lot of people saying they aren't watching it but want to know what people think about it. Just go watch it. This is the first and only time Trevor has actually argued with someone saying stupid poo poo and it should be appreciated and cherished so that he may one day grow up to be a real fake journalist host something mumble.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ugh, she is literally that "shoe on head" girl with blonde hair and even worse opinions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been really avoiding stuff since the election and the hype around this interview has threatened to suck me back in, but it sounds like its just a terrible Trump person being terrible and being unable to even pretend to see reason. So I don't think I'm ready yet.

Maybe in 2017.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I've been really avoiding stuff since the election and the hype around this interview has threatened to suck me back in, but it sounds like its just a terrible Trump person being terrible and being unable to even pretend to see reason. So I don't think I'm ready yet.

Maybe in 2017.

Just watch the last 30 seconds, I'm begging you. Just press here, this is something that you need in your life.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

See, I'm still angry because all I can do is hear "he touched people"/"He did touch people."/"Well Bill was busy." and scream SO DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT OR NOT YOU HYPOCRITICAL MONSTER!

Christmas cartoons it is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bruceski posted:

It's tricky to get around this sort of misconception. People tend to get defensive when first confronted because they think "racism is bad, therefore you're saying I'm a bad person" when it's more about trying to recognize your own biases and counteract/minimize them. It's when you get defensive about passive racism (and other -isms) that you start to rationalize it, look for reasons for those reactions, and that's how folks slide into active racism.

It's also where a lot of the issue with the 'lamestream media' BS stems from. The notion is that if you agree with an outlet or article or program, then it's neutral, but anything that contradicts that view is biased, when realistically, EVERYthing has some bias in it. There's no such thing as a truly unbiased journalist, because journalists are people. At best they can try to correct for that bias and trust that their audience understands that bias and takes it into account while using a number of sources to get their information. A lot of people either don't want to or don't know HOW to account for that.

If Nixon or McCarthy were around today, Woodward, Bernstein and Murrow would be called liberal puppets and anti-American. Jesus, if Murrow had said what he said about the House Un-American Activities Committee with regards to Gitmo post-9/11? gently caress, Nixon claiming that the President was above the law to David Frost would barely be a blip on Trump's record.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

It's also where a lot of the issue with the 'lamestream media' BS stems from. The notion is that if you agree with an outlet or article or program, then it's neutral, but anything that contradicts that view is biased, when realistically, EVERYthing has some bias in it. There's no such thing as a truly unbiased journalist, because journalists are people. At best they can try to correct for that bias and trust that their audience understands that bias and takes it into account while using a number of sources to get their information. A lot of people either don't want to or don't know HOW to account for that.

It goes a bit deeper than that though, because the people who use stupid loving phrases like "lame stream media" are also patrons of outlets like Fox News and Breitbart who have no qualms about inventing poo poo out of while cloth to get their audience whipped up into a frothy rage, as opposed to legitimate outlets who usually operate on things like "facts" and "credible sources."

Gaz-L posted:

gently caress, Nixon claiming that the President was above the law to David Frost would barely be a blip on Trump's record.

You can tell this is true because he basically did already say this regarding his massive conflicts of interests in using his newly found clout to arrange for new hotels to be built in foreign countries, and you weren't aware of it.

raditts fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 4, 2016

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I finally got around to checking out that interview. Her saying Hillary needs to be grabbed by the pussy "every now and again" and then singing "Bill was too busy" over and over at the end was just awful. What an objectionable human being.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Has anyone got a non-CC link to this? I'm in the UK and CC is of the opinion that I should move countries to see such valuable content. Seems this is the kind of thing that would be perfect for their YouTube channel but I can only see the 14 minute cut on there.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Met posted:

I finally got around to checking out that interview. Her saying Hillary needs to be grabbed by the pussy "every now and again" and then singing "Bill was too busy" over and over at the end was just awful. What an objectionable human being.

I'm surprised no one called her out on it despite it being the end of the show. Essentially, she said Hilary Clinton deserves to be sexually harassed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It was also, beyond the horrifying implications, such a transparent attempt to 'get the last word'.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
but she's totally "fair and balanced" guys cmon, BLM is the same as the KKK ! :heritage:

Her first job out of college was at The Blaze.

Tomi Lahren: Young, Vocal and the Right’s Rising Media Star

https://goo.gl/wywJy5

The New York Times posted:

Ms. Lahren, an only child born and raised in South Dakota by parents from ranching backgrounds, studied broadcast journalism and political science at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, graduating in 2014. She started working at The Blaze in October 2015, after piquing the network’s interest with a viral video criticizing President Obama.

She'll be a VP pick in 2036 for Trump Jr.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jojoinnit posted:

Has anyone got a non-CC link to this? I'm in the UK and CC is of the opinion that I should move countries to see such valuable content. Seems this is the kind of thing that would be perfect for their YouTube channel but I can only see the 14 minute cut on there.
I don't, but you can use a VPN or proxy, or, as I found out, Chrome on Android with the "save bandwidth" option, as it apparently tunnels the traffic through the US.

Having watched that, no Trevor, you don't say "Welcome!" to the legal immigrants because they can't enter in the first place, as it's next to impossible unless they're rich, or famous like you.

In general, I'm not quite sure why democrats are so quick to defend illegal immigration. Trevor even says they're propping up the middle class... by creating an underclass that has to work in lovely conditions for pennies. This near infinite supply of labor depresses low-skilled wages but that's somehow a good thing. remember how everyone laughed when there was a shortage in Georgia or someplace?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Keyser S0ze posted:

but she's totally "fair and balanced" guys cmon, BLM is the same as the KKK

I think you mean "Black Lives Matter More."

I don't hope she dies in a fire. I just hope she gets horribly disfigured.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
I have white bread friends back home who after the election posted poo poo like "its ok for the KKK to support Trump because the Black Panthers support Hillary."

The whitewashing of the history of racism in this country has been so successful on a huge swath of millennials. These people CAN'T be racist because that is not what racism is you racist!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's a power c-c-c-combo of whitewashing and just plain willful ignorance. Like it's not hard to use google and actually figure out and understand what the Black Panthers actually did or what BLM stands for, but some people are so dedicated to burying their heads in the sand in favor of their just-world beliefs that they'd rather believe that any crimes perpetrated by black people anywhere are an indictment on all black people (and organizations) everywhere, when they would never think of passing the same judgment on white people when another school / movie theater / public building gets shot up this week. (For those, of course, they subscribe to a theory that it's all a conspiracy orchestrated by Obama to terk their gurns, which conveniently puts the blame once again on a black man.)

• Locked thread