Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

Like it's not hard to use google

:lol:, maybe 10 years ago, but today google will send you straight towards alt-right sites if it thinks that's already your thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Yeah that's the thing, they also usually include "i've done my research" and a bunch of links to breitbart or freedomnlibertyrag etc.

A whole new reality exist for a large part of the population, it's really hard to begin to have a conversation with that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The current thread title is pretty old and not that funny nowadays, it should be changed to "Dammit, Andrew, why are you so woke?"

Or use that for a 2017 thread if there's going to be a new one.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 6, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I had a good laugh at the start of the monday interview "I told ya'all this would happen and YA DIDN'T LISTEN"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Jordan Klepper talking to the Trump supporter who said they getting the most experience person to do the job was pretty awesome.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

haveblue posted:

The current thread title is pretty old and not that funny nowadays, it should be changed to "Dammit, Andrew, why are you so woke?"

Or use that for a 2017 thread if there's going to be a new one.
Yeah, let's take some suggestions for the TDS 2017 thread.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Daily Show 2017: The World Is Dogshit And Satire Is Useless

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
TDS2017: Only Jon Can Save Us Now

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo, Van Jones' response to the "I told you so" comment was amazing.

Also, go watch Catching the Sun to see a step by step lesson in just how much we are hosed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI5sVNArrhE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMFz0KBnNeI

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
welp

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/806293244996976640

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
America Porgress?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
1: Oh no, a talk show did a thing to promote a guest's projects?!
2: What is Assange even trying to achieve at this point? Kicking an old lady when she's down? Did Podesta poo poo in his cereal?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm watching last night's Colbert, and I have this suspicion that Joe Biden helped Colbert on a comedy bit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

jojoinnit posted:

America Porgress?

Give the guy a break, it's hard to spell when not using Cyrillic.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Do the new thread titles have to be TDS quotes?

The Daily Show 2017: We Must Accept That We Are Living in a Post Fact Society

The Daily Show 2017: Truthiness wins, Facts concede defeat.

The Daily Show 2017: The Orange Man in the High Castle

The Daily Show 2017: The God-Emperor sits on this Golden Throne.

The Daily Show 2017: Reality has a Well Known Liberal Bias

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PassTheRemote posted:

Do the new thread titles have to be TDS quotes?

The Daily Show 2017: The Orange Man in the High Castle

This one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well poo poo, nobody will trust the journalistic integrity of The Colbert Report now!! #CancelColbert

Gaz-L posted:

2: What is Assange even trying to achieve at this point? Kicking an old lady when she's down? Did Podesta poo poo in his cereal?

I think he's trying to convince anyone he can that he's leaked something that matters in the last five years.

raditts fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 7, 2016

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait. Has his lack of being killed and/or imprisoned been confirmed?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
The Daily Show 2017: Donald Lied, jouranlism died

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PassTheRemote posted:

I vote for the sad irony of this one.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
The Daily Show 2017: Maybe we didn't say 'Drumpf' enough?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PassTheRemote posted:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm not a big fan of "Reality has a Well Known Liberal Bias". It's just... :smug:

Also, I'd appreciate a critique of the Electoral College more had we got it before the election. Like, raising (well needed) questions about it might have swayed more people when it's not the post-election grief period. Like, I'm the guy who's talked about the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact for years, and I'm kind of put off by people who only suddenly hate the electoral college now, and will probably not do anything about it a year or two.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 8, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's also a quote from a show that hasn't been on for years.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm not a big fan of "Reality has a Well Known Liberal Bias". It's just... :smug:

Also, I'd appreciate a critique of the Electoral College more had we got it before the election. Like, raising (well needed) questions about it might have swayed more people when it's not the post-election grief period. Like, I'm the guy who's talked about the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact for years, and I'm kind of put off by people who only suddenly hate the electoral college now, and will probably not do anything about it a year or two from now.

It's a quote from when Colbert Mocked W, to his face, a the White House Correspondent's Dinner. It was all connected to Colbert's first major theme, Truthiness. It's a natural extension of the punditry of a decade ago, reporting spin instead of facts. We are living in the logical conclusion of that world, so I stand by making that suggestion. Also, I cannot make a video the thread title.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Charlamagne Tha God wasn't so stoked about Trevor vs Tomi, either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5Ljm87V3U

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 9, 2016

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Since the Trumpening, Colbert's show has gotten more gooder enough that it's worth wasting some DVR space for the first 15 min.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

coyo7e posted:

Charlamagne Tha God wasn't so stoked about Trevor vs Tomi, either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM5Ljm87V3U

This is a mediocre interview.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

This is a mediocre interview.
Your post was way worse - because there was actually a ton of interesting insight and personal perspective from Trevor Noah in particular during video - but hey "drops a tiny dook from on high, nothing to see here folks - they smell like poop because they're stupid!" seems to be par for the course with sack of poo poo racists with nothing but a one-liner history of shitposting. :bravo:

edit: I'm gonna do something I've literally never considered before but here goes - the theme behind this guy's posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r06heQ5HsI :clint:

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Dec 9, 2016

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Bernie :(

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

coyo7e posted:

Your post was way worse - because there was actually a ton of interesting insight and personal perspective from Trevor Noah in particular during video - but hey "drops a tiny dook from on high, nothing to see here folks - they smell like poop because they're stupid!" seems to be par for the course with sack of poo poo racists with nothing but a one-liner history of shitposting. :bravo:

Yes, racism exists, but not every criticism of something involving black people is racism. The interview was not entertaining.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

coyo7e posted:

edit: I'm gonna do something I've literally never considered before but here goes - the theme behind this guy's posting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r06heQ5HsI :clint:

Holy poo poo, calm the gently caress down. You're projecting a lot on me from a one sentence comment. The insight into apartheid South Africa and Trevor views are interesting but aside from that, there is nothing of interest in that interview; it's a softball piece. But congratulations for throwing a temper tantrum because I didn't praise a video you posted. In trying to shame me, you've now come off as a petulant child. I'm black by the way so thanks for letting me know that I'm apparently a self hating uncle tom.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nobody cares quit slapfighting.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Keyser S0ze posted:

Since the Trumpening, Colbert's show has gotten more gooder enough that it's worth wasting some DVR space for the first 15 min.

They always put it on YouTube so I just watch it there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The Obama interview appears to have been entered into the Tivo listings as a completely different show (labeled as season 1 episode 1), causing mine to not tape the first five minutes :bravo:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I still think Obama royally hosed up on a lot of things like the ACA, financial reform, and the war on terror, but Trump is really going to do everything he can to make sure I'll miss this guy.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Man look at those thoughtful, considered, and insightful answers.

Really gonna miss Obama.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

Man look at those thoughtful, considered, and insightful answers.

Really gonna miss Obama.

I agree, what an O'bummer.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Echo Chamber posted:

I still think Obama royally hosed up on a lot of things like the ACA, financial reform, and the war on terror, but Drumpf is really going to do everything he can to make sure I'll miss this guy.

Financial reform I agree on (beyond pulling things out of Bush's economic tail spin), but I can't be too mad at Obama for the ACA, because the portions that don't involve being a Christmas present to insurance companies are an objectively good things, and with all the opposition it's surprising that anything passed at all.

What parts of the Wur on Terrah do you feel he hosed up on? Drone usage, failing to get Gitmo closed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

While ACA as whole is a disappointment as a financial dude I can tell you that it was having an effect on medicine pricing. Scandinavian medicine were wildly falling in both revenue and stock price until Trump won and this was because of the ACA.

• Locked thread