Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
trevor is a decent host but still giving off strong fake vibes, will probably take years for him to drop that poo poo if ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
even late era carlin still had something to say. the closest thing today is louis ck and he is just a disgusting sad sack.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i know jon wanted to like 'gift' trevor this election cycle cause the daily show really blew up when bush was running for office and this could be a similar thing for trevor but so far it's been pretty much entirely wasted

this is maybe the craziest election year ever and jon would've destroyed and trevor is like meh, the correspondents aren't really on the right level yet either. it would've been great for jon to go out with a bang with one last crazy cycle instead of just fizzling out and wasting this goldmine on some newbies that wont have found their footing til it's already over.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
basically jon left at the exact wrong time. a year earlier and trevor would be good by the time the cycle starts, a year later and he wouldve had a great finale. he went right in the middle so there's no finale and trevor wastes this golden election cycle while he's learning the ropes.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i watched it every day for the first few months then sparingly for a little while but I pretty much entirely fell off a few weeks ago. I just check the guests each day to see if its worth doing and theres been like 1 good one in the past 20 days. mostly its a bunch of people ive never heard of and if I do check one of those episodes out there is like a 1 in 5 chance it will be interesting and a worthwhile use of my time, I am pretty tired of those odds I guess.

trevor and the cast themselves are alright but kinda nothing special. maybe in a few years theyll be really good and itll be like when stewarts show first took off and have another golden age, hopefully anyway. it did take a few years for them to get going so I could see a similar situation happening here. it is just too bad they didnt hit the ground running with this amazing election season, it was basically entirely wasted, it couldve been one last going out with a bang thing for stewart instead of the slow whimper he did. then trevor did nothing with this golden opportunity but make one or two good trump jokes which is like big deal when theres been like ten thousand of them. i feel like stewart wouldve handled the last year or so in a much funnier fashion and it would have been a good way for him to go out.

Mr. Unlucky fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 16, 2016

• Locked thread