Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The PSA is pretty much telling kids not to call the cops if they see a stranger walking around with a gun. I find that amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Steve Vader posted:

I mean that it used to be considered something off-limits, like news divisions of media companies were not expected to be profit centers because the public trust was something important, and I thought even the gubmint made some write-off-style benefits for that, even. I suppose I'll just go do my own research about this.

I get what you are saying here. We know that Fox news whole reason for existence is to give grandma another reason to hate a black president, and their role is to be as contrarian as gently caress but you would think they would know where to draw the line when doing it. Attacking the president for crying when talking about murdered kids seems like a whole new level of douchiness, one that they didn't need to crossover into.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tomero_the_Great posted:

If they keep the wrestling motif and portray the historical friendship between the two, that's great.

They just need a better seal that isn't easily misinterpreted garbage.

This is what I don't get. If you want to have two guys wrestling because of historical references then do that, but you can probably do a symbol that is a lot better than the one that they came up with. You can keep the wrestling aspect but maybe lower the white guys hands or try to show that the Native guy isn't getting strangled to death.

Also for all the Swastika talk, I am sorry the Nazis hosed up some symbol but it is pretty much seen globally (or at least throughout Europe and North America) as a symbol of hate and getting it tattooed on yourself will get you grouped in with skinheads no matter how hard you explain "the true meaning, dude".

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
It's pretty much shown that Trump has absolutely no crossover appeal whatsoever. The guy has pretty much built a platform on that by pissing off everything to appease a few nutjobs. The Republican Party knows this and the Democrats would love nothing more than to run against a nutjob. The idea of Trump toning it down if he gets the nomination will probably do poo poo all come election time. Every stupid thing he has said is now out there in the open for everyone to see, and we know Trump won't back down or apologise.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Echo Chamber posted:

That New Hampshire couple is adorable.

I always like the segments where they show something about people you think are going to be crazy/arseholes/whatever and they they show us/the audience that "nope, they are just regular human beings like you and I". It reminded me of a segment from a few years back about some small town where a gay guy was running for mayor I think. The segment started with talking heads talking about how small town America is tired of the "gay agenda" being pushed down their throat etc. Then one of the correspondents, can't remember who, went to this small town expecting everyone to be against the gay guy running for mayor and instead everyone in the town talked how the didn't care about the guy being gay, they thought he was a great guy and would be a great mayor.
I wish I could find the clip but my google-fu isn't working.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trevor saying America is becoming a third world country got a huge giggle out of me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Echo Chamber posted:

He's the bully many people wished they were in high school, when in fact most bullies were more like Chris Christie.

That's it pretty much right there. Whenever you hear someone say they like him because "he isn't politically correct/says it like it is" they really mean "he says racist bullshit that they wish they could say but know if they did they would get called out for being a racist shithead". Basically people see Trump as that alpha-male successful businessman who says stupid poo poo and gets away with it and they think to themselves "he is everything I wish I was". It's kind of sad actually. If people want to live up to someone else, they should rather pick someone who inspires and actually does good things in the world, not some narcissistic arsehole.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Jordan Klepper talking to the Trump supporter who said they getting the most experience person to do the job was pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The Daily Show 2017: Donald Lied, jouranlism died

• Locked thread