Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Popelmon posted:

Haven't watched TDS in a while, I just needed to get away from it all for a while. Anyway it looks like this episode was a great one to come back to. That interview was good, I did not expect her to double down on that stupid comment at the end.

Yeah drat :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

Ann Coulter is 100% self-aware and everything she does is just to sell her lovely books. Just go watch her on the Rob Lowe roast, she's not even trying to hide it. I don't know if that makes Coulter more or less tolerable.
Tomi Lahren on the other hand feels like a true believer, plus being from Dallas, Texas instead of Coulter being from Wasptown, Connecticut probably helps her popularity with the red state crowd.

For those who haven't already seen this, what I'm about to link is a must-watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoGrDa5g2c

The entire roast is great but god drat did she choose poorly in accepting the invite.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Polygynous posted:

Trevor did a segment on her poo poo a few months back, I guess it was kind of inevitable.

That is probably the best segment Trevor did leading up to the election actually. I had literally never heard of her before and her reach is monstrous. It's really telling how gigantic influence spreaders can be made virtually anonymous by Facebook simply hiding what it thinks we don't want to see.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

bull3964 posted:

She makes me feel fundamentally out of touch with huge swaths of people because I cannot understand how you can continue to function in society after filling up with so much baseless rage on a daily basis.

I get upset about actions that affect other people directly. She gets upset over ideas. I don't understand how you exist in your own skull doing that.

He asr a phenomenon is not new, she's basically a more likeable Bill O'Reilly.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I've been really avoiding stuff since the election and the hype around this interview has threatened to suck me back in, but it sounds like its just a terrible Trump person being terrible and being unable to even pretend to see reason. So I don't think I'm ready yet.

Maybe in 2017.

Just watch the last 30 seconds, I'm begging you. Just press here, this is something that you need in your life.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

Like it's not hard to use google

:lol:, maybe 10 years ago, but today google will send you straight towards alt-right sites if it thinks that's already your thing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PassTheRemote posted:

The Daily Show 2017: Reality has a Well Known Liberal Bias

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

Man look at those thoughtful, considered, and insightful answers.

Really gonna miss Obama.

I agree, what an O'bummer.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

While ACA as whole is a disappointment as a financial dude I can tell you that it was having an effect on medicine pricing. Scandinavian medicine were wildly falling in both revenue and stock price until Trump won and this was because of the ACA.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

haveblue posted:

I find it hard to blame Obama for anything that didn't get done when every other branch of the government presented a united front against him.

No one forced him to drone the poo poo out of Pakistan and to support the invasion of Yemen. Also, his campaign promise to give up on Iraq was really bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

raditts posted:

I can't tell if you mean this to be a good thing or a bad thing.

That's a good thing, gently caress our medicine companies.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I think Snowden and Wikileaks are the biggest indictments about Obama. Snowden shouldn't be a criminal in the first place and Assange wouldn't have been able to evade his rape allegations for half a decade if actual members of congress hadn't been calling for his death uncontested by the sitting president.

The middle east sucks but I have a hard time believing that wouldn't have been the same with McCain.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

He had both houses on his side for 2 years and didn't use that to force anything through because he mistakenly thought that trying to work with the GOP and get them on board with his agenda using logic and compromise would be in any way productive because he was a naive fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

IRQ posted:

I mean I figured that was adequately implied.

I thought a more direct take would be more suited to communicating that idea.

• Locked thread