Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Noah, no, please, sit back down at the desk, sit down there, standing up and annoucing whats coming up next, your making me associate the daily show with the nightly show, and I don't want that to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

That being said, I think people need to talk a lot more about the old guard GOP and all the harm they did. And that it's fruitless to ask Rubio or Jeb or Kasich or Christie to SAVE US from a Trump or Cruz nomination because they're all terrible.

Yeah, as awful as Trump seems he doesn't really have a shot at winning the actual election which is why despite how awful Trump is I hope he wins the nomination, would you really want any of the other candidates in his place with a more realistic chance of winning? they are all awful terrible people in their own unique ways.

Trump is saving us from Ted Cruz, who would get a lot of support from republicans for no other reason then he is the candidate and his name is well known, for what it's known for, it doesn't matter.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The Daily Show segment about who would kill us faster Trump or Cruz was spot on.

The moment of Zen guy did bring a good point though, we need to Smite Fart.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm surprised they didn't do more about the 6 coinflips, that is easy joke material right there about the democratic process.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
One thing that is a bit disappointing is how the guests used to be frequent heads of state and former and current presidents and a king, to someone with a youtube channel.

It's to be expected though, maybe one day he'll earn the gravitas for those sorts of interviews and they will be worth watching.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Roy Wood is the best part of the daily show right now, right when I was groaning at another Trevor Africa joke, Trevor introduced Roy and he said "Thank you Africa" and I had a good laugh.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I imagine a lot of them were offered but turned it down because it would be a bad career move to go into Stewart's shadow, never quite being able to ever live up to his legacy and always stressed from being compared, all while still having to do the same jokes and shill whatever company paid to get their product mentioned on the show that day.

Instead they can get their own fresh show with lower expectations and some slightly new jokes with different writers.

John was the only one who could replace Jon, but he is far better off on his own show.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 28, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

While that kid is really stupid and deserved to get in trouble for that, that first segment made me not want to agree with Larry at all.

Yeah, that rubbed me the wrong way showing this young guy crying, afraid for his life, then immediately making fun of him, the audience seemed a bit uneasy about laughing after that too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, they refuse to do anything about getting a judge until the next president is elected, is there anything stopping them from just continuing to not elect anyone after that if they don't like who the next democrat picks?

... Is there anything at all in place to get them to ever do their jobs on anything if they say just "naw"?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The nightly show rips off the daily shows correspondent pieces in front of a green screen, but usually with costumes and dumber backdrops and overall just very unfunny writing and dialogue, I keep trying to see if the show is worth it, but I can't make it past the first 5 minutes, got to tune out when it flips to those segments with Larry on the left and unfunny random person in a bad costume on the right.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It should really come as no surprise that someone who looks like Elmer Fudd has strong options about cross-dressers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
There hasn't been a lot of talk about what happened at Nevada on the comedy shows, they finally do talk about it, and it's a very lackluster pro-hiliary segment, the audience was dead silent for the whole thing and they never talked about -why- they were mad.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I gave the nightly show another 5 minute try tonight and I realized if I watch the daily show beforehand I'll already know what jokes are going to be on the nightly show, it was a one for one copy, least Colbert knew how to put his own spin on things if they covered the same stories.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He'll probably have to do yet another segment like that because of the snipers in texas, and for whatever else happens over the weekend.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Boy, the daily show thread sure died out.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

holy poo poo that Nightly Show graphic. i might have to finally gif something from TNS now.

edit: well here it is

The segment name is still kinda meh, but that surprise graphic was amazing.

The interviews with evangelicals that say their guy is blessed by God always make me sad.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 21, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Trump supporter interviews always make me depressed... you always hear about how ignorant and stupid the masses are, but you think it can't be that bad, but here we are, nothing terrible or contrary he says is remembered, just the emotions of fear from all the "us" vs "them" talk.

At every point during this, you just keep saying to yourself, ok, Trump has gotten as far as he can at this point, surely now people will realize he is a monster and he'll have no chance to win and drop out... any minute now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Gyges posted:

Racists cheering for racism, xenophobia, and hate makes sense. Not actually racist, blindly naive Republicans too deaf to hear the dog bullhorn, that doesn't make much sense at all. Like the actual Mexicans for Trump, or a black guy voting for David Duke.

Our brains are innately terrified of things that don't make sense. That's why we invented half the nonsense we did in the formative days of humanity. The sky cracking open and white fire streaking down is terrifying. Thor being piss drunk and angry, well, that makes sense and calms our primitive monkey and lizard brains.

I've heard some stories of Jewish people at the early Hitler rallys who got swept up in the large cheering crowds, speeches and spectacle of it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I wonder if the daily show will do any segment about the wikileak DNC emails that came out or the big donations to viacom mean it will be mostly ignored.

And if Bernie will comment on it or remain quiet for fear of splitting the party and making Trumps job easier.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 24, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The Nightly show's entire run was all just leading up to the moment they made that animation of Godzilla Trump and Hillary fighting over the white house complete with tiny Trump hands.

There was no point to keep the show running at that point, it peaked.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I have high hopes for the daily show and daily show offspring after the fresh rich vein of comedy gold was unearthed this weekend.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The final comment to the man with the wedding ring about "well I think she's the dummy if she thinks someone else is going to gently caress you" :iceburn:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
That was a thing they did that's for sure, wasn't peculiarly funny, which is a bold direction to take a comedy show.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Not a lot of interest in the daily show these days, huh? what are the viewer numbers like these days?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I skipped the interview, partly I think because my mind is trying to protect itself from knowing about how many people follow the hate that comes from her.

For those that didn't skip, how was it?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I had a good laugh at the start of the monday interview "I told ya'all this would happen and YA DIDN'T LISTEN"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Thinking maybe it was for the best Bassem Youssef didn't host the daily show, it would be a real kick in the nuts to have your show shut down because of a dictator just to have the same thing happen again.

• Locked thread