Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Narcissus1916 posted:

I understand that Noah is meeting the impossible heights of Stewart's All Time Best years.

But where else am I going to go for a funny, informative, left-of-center take on headlines? Young Turks is way too liberal and sanctimonious for my personal tastes.

it's not just that stewart had 18 years to get his shtick down to a science, it's that he also had some amazing correspondents during his run. noah still has klepper and williams and minhaj from the old show, but i wouldn't have ranked them in the top 10 of all correspondents over stewart's entire run, and now as the tenured correspondents they feel luke-warm at best. the other three people that joined with noah haven't hit on a character or really delivered a piece that cemented them as super talented and funny.

i think the biggest change overall is that jon had some seriously talented correspondents to back him up if his writers were having an off day (carrell and colbert, just to name two), whereas noah basically has to carry the entire show on his merit alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Gyges posted:

I know it's actually counterproductive and they'll just crawl home when they realize no one gives a poo poo about how hard they're flipping off daddy with this totally intense idiocy, but I'm really wanting big daddy "governmental overreach" to come give them a reason to cry. All these Bundys are just really annoying with being able to point their guns and rattle off treasonous tripe with impunity while that National Guard rolls in with tanks and poo poo to Ferguson and Baltimore.

it's the ultimate troll.

you're a bunch of mostly unarmed protesters staging demonstrations about real things that effect your community? here comes the jack-booted thugs you motherfuckers.

you're a group of well armed nut-jobs spoiling for a fight in some mostly desolate rural area? lol yeah right like the government is going to roll up and give you something to shoot at, in your dreams bro.

• Locked thread