Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Gyges posted:

I think it takes a full election cycle for the new host of the Daily Show to find their legs. Jon's version didn't really find it's stride until inDecision 2000, and now Trevor's version seems to be getting where it needs to be with the beginning of our long national nightmare.

Gotta find your own genuine anger, I guess. Also, the President Elect needs to lose the popular vote while winning the Electoral College.

Every time the Electoral College actually gets a work out the nation is hosed. Thanks, infallible Founding Fathers in your infinite wisdom which we must trust as if stone tablets from god.

Yeah, I enjoyed the live election meltdown. Colbert's was much more serious in tone; it was an interesting contrast. You can tell Colbert couldn't pivot away from having wanted to make fun of Hillary. The Pepto Bismol torture comedy, however, was okay.

The electoral college is a sad holdover from all the bickering and backroom politicking of the 18th century, so of course it should remain relevant 37 states and hundreds of millions of extra voters later. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Her post-election segment is the first I've seen, and I'll grant the gravity of the moment but she didn't even strike me as likely to be funny.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
All I could think was "I cannot believe this stupid bitch actually said that she 'doesn't see color.'"

I'm glad Trevor nailed the callback joke a few minutes later. Still watching, but I'm posting on the internet because good god this is difficult to pay full attention to.

If she could say the phrase 'black people' fewer than 3 times a minute, she might be less insufferable. I thought she didn't see color, anyway.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yes I believe that this polished white Texan girl who reeks of pagentry bootstrapped her way up the economic ladder, as she demands of immigrants, who absolutely must wait their decade+ turn in line for a chance at a job as an elementary school janitor.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think a few of them might have shown up to Bernie Sanders rallies.

Oh, poo poo, didn't BLM do a thing at one of those? Monsters!!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

coyo7e posted:

This doesn't even parse. Fix your sentences so we know who you're talking about - outside of trolling all the broken-hearted bernie bros :D

If you're not implicitly trolling everybody, you should probably gently caress off to Reddit or something.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Keyser S0ze posted:

but she's totally "fair and balanced" guys cmon, BLM is the same as the KKK

I think you mean "Black Lives Matter More."

I don't hope she dies in a fire. I just hope she gets horribly disfigured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wait. Has his lack of being killed and/or imprisoned been confirmed?

• Locked thread