Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ya'll don't remember poo poo when Jon first got on, same ol' poo poo. He changed stuff, people whined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Madkal posted:

I get what you are saying here. We know that Fox news whole reason for existence is to give grandma another reason to hate a black president, and their role is to be as contrarian as gently caress but you would think they would know where to draw the line when doing it. Attacking the president for crying when talking about murdered kids seems like a whole new level of douchiness, one that they didn't need to crossover into.

Are you kidding me? Those assholes don't have limits, they'll poo poo on Obama even if it was his kids that died. They give no fucks. They are absolutely terrible.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Trevor really didn't enjoy drinking that whiskey.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

It might as well been fake and Noah was just acting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah I thought it was pretty inspired and fun.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Pillow Hat posted:

He got all serious just the other day when Fox was giving Obama poo poo for crying about the murder of first graders. I thought he did a great job of it, too. The audience seemed a little unsure of how to react, though -- like they kept expecting him to make a joke but he was just serious.

Yeah exactly. If Trevor came in post 2016 election he'd have plenty of time to get a hang of things before the next one. Right now it's trial by fire.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I thought Cheng was great.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Oliver and Colbert were on the Daily Show learning from Jon for years before they got their own shows.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yes she is. Her husbands commercial basically saying "watch us since you're not watching Daily Show anymore" left a bad taste in my mouth though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

If there is a contested convention and the Republicans try to push in Rubio, Trump will have a loving meltdown. It would be amazing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Bernie better have a stellar vp because is is drat old. I give him 2 years.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

raditts posted:

What's fake about it? He seems like he's genuinely enjoying himself to me.

I agree. He looks like he's having a loving blast.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I just wonder if there will be a Noah / Wilmore election day special. I'd be surprised if those two even met each other outside of CC parties.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Daily/Nightly off for a week? Ok.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Oliver said nothing about Scalia.

Colbert was fine, just told a personal story.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah pretty much. Colbert is on CBS now and he's much more like Mr Rogers than the old Colbert. Which is probably his true personality.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

FELD1 posted:

I flip to 'Family Guy' reruns during the 'Nightly Show' now, so I am baffled that they are still doing poo poo about Flint. It seems like Larry and crew latch onto one topic and cry racism for two weeks about it. In the same vein, is he still making tired Cosby jokes?

Yeah the Flint stuff is old news, Larry should move on to something more topical. gently caress those poors anyways, right?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

Mike Yard seemed like he wanted to strangle Ricky Velez during that panel tonight. It was great.

There is a reason Ricky Velez is rarely on any of the panels.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I also think Ronnie is great. His deadpan humor is pretty good.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Did anything interesting happen? I've been sitting at a Mexican resort for the past 8 days and have not read any news nor watched any tv.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Alright cool. I'll have to check that one out instead of mass deleting Colbert, Daily and Nightly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

No it was the Daily Show. I would have it playing in the background and it really seemed like every single joke or story was a racial issue when the change happened

Not really.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Larry was nervous as all get out. Obama is literally one of his heroes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Trump is basically relying on people staying home and not voting for Hillary.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Should be voting for Hillary if only to deny Trump the possibility of picking the next supreme court justice. gently caress everything else.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Plus Obama's approval ratings have only been going up. It's a good time to align with him.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He shits on Hillary quite often too man.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Not sure how you figure that. Trump has zero women and minorities.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I like Larry last night, he legit argued with the dude he had on.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Gut punch? I didn't even know she was still on the show.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Oh no what ever shall they do that the irreplaceable Jessica Williams is leaving, oh gosh.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I enjoy the show quite a bit, still watch it 4 nights a week. No complaints. He's not Jon, but Jon wasn't even Jon for the first couple years.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Oh drat, I thought the show was off this week?

Just Colbert.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

TDS/Nightly/Hardwick is off next week.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Sam will be there too. Conan is at Comic Con and Larry has joked that Comedy Central won't pay him to go so he is providing live, remote, coverage.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I'm sure Comedy Central threatening to sue Colbert for using some of his old bits really put a good feeling in old Daily Show alumni.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

Oh did they really?

I figured CBS arranged to buy the rights when he busted out The Word.

The next night he said he was threatened with a lawsuit so now he does The Werd.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I watched it every night.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

coyo7e posted:

NYT had a story about Larry Wilmore's show getting axed. Apparently Wilmore is saying it's linked to "Unblackening", which could either be him saying CC is trying to trim black people, or a reference to his Unblackening bits on the election.

It's just a reference to his bit on the show. He's been saying it jokingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

IRQ posted:

I don't share the reverence you do for the Cos, but you can separate the author from their work and still enjoy the latter for what it is. I can think of quite a few cases where you need to do that to varying degrees. That said, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to, especially in the case of Cosby, Michael Jackson, Roman Polanski etc.

Like with a certain mod and his Trek gifs?

• Locked thread