Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hey, Y'all. I work for a company that finds employees for Japanese manufacturers in the US Midwest. My company was just asked to look for a candidate for a sales position located in Japan.

Our client wants someone with high-conversational Japanese (Think: can function using Japanese for work) who is currently in Japan. It's an entry level sales position with a company in the automotive industry. No specific experience is required but you will need to be convincing when you say you've always dreamed of being a sales rep in manufacturing. The position will transition to Indianapolis after a year of learning/working in a small city an hour outside Tokyo. If you're in Japan to teach and want to be in Japan to do something else this seems like a good route to this former English teacher.

We still need to figure some things out with our client so we're not actively looking yet. Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you our info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people, myself included, had or will have a hard time transitioning from teaching to something else. If it's not for you that's fine.

If someone's not looking to be out of Japan in a year the position's not for them. Indianapolis isn't California, but it is the final destination and is better than a lot of other options where manufacturing jobs tend to be. I'd probably still be in Korea if it had been entirely my decision; you don't have to tell me why you'd prefer Japan.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If any of y'all would be interested in working for a major automotive company as a one year contract interpreter pm me. Our client is hiring three. The negative is that they are located in a Midwestern college town and it's not direct hire, but the pay is already over industry standard and it's non-exempt so you can make quite a lot. They only require a capable bilingual, no experience necessary.