Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Coco Ichi is gross.

LyonsLions posted:

So to answer your question, the thing that bothers me when those sorts of things pop up is that it makes me regret the work I've put toward being fluent in Japanese and living in Japan. It's like, after all I've accomplished, this is the kind of bullshit it comes down to.

Good post. This is exactly why I got out, I found it really disheartening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

I've used Japan wireless twice before, so I can vouch for them being legit.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Aredna posted:

Nagoya has either the largest, or one of the largest, planetariums in the world if that's up your alley.

The planetarium is dope, I highly recommend it.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

LyonsLions posted:

You guys laugh but the "famous" udon places don't have much seating so you have to take your styrofoam bowl of udon and sit on the curb. I always laugh at busloads full of tourists lined up sitting on the curb like homeless people eating udon.

It is our meibutsu, please respect our culture, tyvm.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

caberham posted:

I'm dumb. I keep on getting trolled by everyone in this thread.

I hear that's a defining trait of people who really like Osaka.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

The Great Autismo! posted:

I guess I'll add some content. Here's my Japanese wedding report. I finally had my wedding ceremony here in Japan last weekend. I wore some cool Japanese haori hakama for part of it and then changed into a white tux. My wife's friends dressed up like cheerleaders halfway through and danced to a song to really drive home the fact we are in Japan. We also mixed the ceremony with my son's okuizome, and we mocked feeding him while everyone screamed KAWAIIIIII. I ended up at some izakaya with my friends from USA and England and some of my wife's friends and we had a mock sumo fight in front of a famous sumo wrestler statue at like 1am.

More like okama, :laffo:

Nah, sounds cool. Grats dude!

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

JacksLibido posted:

I'm in Kyoto for the weekend, is there a bar/nightlife district or is it all spread out?

Kiyamachi has a pretty decent concentration of nightlife. It's only a short walk from Shijo/Karasuma station.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

The Great Autismo! posted:

why would you take a surfboard to an onsen

ride roughshod over a crowd of wrinkly old man balls.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Shibawanko posted:

I'm going to go home for a while and won't renew my spouse visa I think (it expires in July), but I plan to come back in a few years with another spouse visa. Should I tell the government that I'm moving out? Should I just stop paying health insurance? Or can I just go home and let the visa expire?

There's a whole webpage with information about this
http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/newimmiact_1/en/q-and-a_page2.html
... but it's loving unreadable. It seems to threaten you with fines if you don't return your residence card, but does that really happen?

You're such a cheap prick lmao

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Osmosis

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

peanut posted:

We also have a favorite ryokan out on Shimanami Kaido that serves crazy good dinner and has modern rooms.

Deets plz

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

It's a pain in the dick going places during golden week because it's going to be busy as hell relatively. But given that people are actually pretty decent about queuing like adults, really the only downside is there being a general crowd around at all times which doesn't actually impact poo poo much. Hotel prices might spike a bit but if you're booking far enough in advance that shouldn't affect your ability to get something decent either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

zmcnulty posted:

This is basically the same as the rest of the world, only difference is in Japan you set your repayment schedule at time of purchase (and can change it later if needed). For the rest of the world you set your repayment schedule to whatever you want, whenever you want, provided you pay the minimum.

*~omotenashi~*

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

peanut posted:

church ladyboy omedeto

:peanut::nyoron:

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

Hot drat. :allears:

What do you think the difference is between dating someone local to you as opposed to someone from glorious nippon (obviously not including the language and cultural barriers)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

peanut posted:

Experience the Real Japan. Experience The Shikoku.

:hmmyes: