Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009
I does say something that some of the best sushi I had was bought from a huge AEON supermarket, Okinawa specifically, which may have something to do with that.

The thing this shutdown that worries me the most is that whenever I actually finally be able to get back into the country is that most of the little food places I enjoyed and been back to for many years may no longer be there. It's really doing a number on the local economies all over the world and Tokyo just got another spike in numbers making things worse to a very bad situation.
It's bad enough on normal times when little places I found and liked just up and disappears the next time I visit as it is, but this is a whole new level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbling Block
Nov 6, 2009

Stringent posted:

Japan is a civilized country and people are mostly weathering things just fine.

I really hope so. That said. the country probably won't even open up till next year and I won''t find out till the year after. I really am missing some of the soba places in Shinjuku and Ikebukuro, as well as that oni ramen that some in this thread knows so well located in the latter. (yeah I know that one is a chain store but I been going to that one even before I knew it was a thread favorite to some)