Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
My cousin and her dad (60+) are coming to visit in the summer and she'd like to know which tour groups are the best for Japan travel. Can anyone recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Thanks, I'll pass the word on!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Is there a difference between a JR pass and a Suica pass? My parents are coming to visit in October for about three and a half weeks and they're thinking of going all around the Kanto plain (dragging me along, naturally) in that time. Does the JR pass only work on JR main lines or would they work on local trains too?

Goons, help, I am denshadumb.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Holy poo poo, thanks! These are all super helpful replies, and I think I've just decided on recommending the Suica pass instead. A friend of mine was saying that his Suica was locked and that he now has 8500 to spend exclusively on vending machines. How does that happen?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Make sure to buy a gudetama sticker for your suica.
Gudetama freak me out for some reason. Just something in they way they're portrayed make it seem like they long for death.

Maybe I just don't like eggs. :v: