Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone try Zipair yet?

I saw a vid and it looks like a pretty good option. Looks better than United, I'd say.

I took zipair from sfo to Narita last week and it was like $400 cheaper than United or other options for a round trip. Left at 4pm and landed around 8pm, still enough time to go through customs and catch the train instead of a taxi. The WiFi didn’t really work so download some shows ahead of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Nanigans posted:

May I ask for those of you in Japan right now how the media is treating Toriyama’s death? I’d love to see anything of people remembering him fondly right now.

from Kyoto family mart

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

The festival food at Senso-Ji in Asaka today is great, okonomiyaki for only 700. Lots of options

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Do all the larger cities have a 5pm bell or just Tokyo?

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

I had the same problem in feb, tickets for Ghibli museum on the official website sold out pretty much instantly and even if you think you got a slot the website crashes twenty times while checking out and it’s gone. I bought walking tour tickets from willer that included the ghibli museum for 5500 yen but that’s still reasonable imo. They still have a few dates available in may and June and I would recommend getting those now if the dates work, they will sell out when it’s closer. Kichijoji park tour is nice too. Someone brought their pet bunny to the park all dressed up, very cute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What are some relatively inexpensive treats/gifts I can bring back from Japan to give to my coworkers after my trip? One of my colleagues suggested Meiji chocolates. I was thinking unique KitKat flavors.

Anything else?

7-11 pancakes with margarine and syrup