Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Busy Bee posted:

Skill: Advanced
Snow conditions: Groomed / Powder - don't really mind as long as its not too icy.

I prefer a mountain with a lot of long runs that are accessed by gondolas.

Have you looked at Rusutsu? Plenty of really long runs (3 mountains!) and the powder there is amazing. Also the smaller run stays open till 8:30pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Needing advice for moving/shipping lots of belongings to the US.

It's mainly clothing, electronics, furniture (kotatsu table), 3 bikes and tools. What options do I have for this? Anyone have experience moving across the ocean with most of their stuff?

Cheers!

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

mikeycp posted:

it does. but while i try to keep fit and know how to ride pretty well i'd hardly call myself a cyclist

considering i ride a bike once every like 5 years

You don't have to do the whole thing, you can start in Onomichi and go down a few islands and then come back. I can't really think where else in the world you could get a similar experience. Would recommend spending a bit more and getting a lighter rental bike than a mamachari.

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Doctor Zero posted:

When we got back from Japan I ordered a washlet and installed it the next weekend because after two and a half weeks in Japan I just couldn't handle not having one anymore.

I was pretty surprised that you can just order a US version Toto on Amazon that easily installs in place of the existing seat.

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Pththya-lyi posted:

Isn't there also an electrical hookup I - and the potential homebuyer - would have to worry about too? I know pretty much nothing about home improvement, so I'm just going by what Dad says. It may also be true that his Boomerness is influencing his judgment.

It has a normal wall plug, so depending where the nearest one is you'll have to run an extension cord and hide it/neatly pin it to skirting. Apart from that it just slides into the seat plug holes, clamps down and then you just run a splitting cable to your water hook up to the toilet tank. If you end up selling the house... you just remove it and stick the original seat back on.

For how germophobic americans are (everyone has that small purell bottle) it amazes me that washlets aren't a standard mcmansion feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paberu
Jun 23, 2013

Reallycoolname posted:

Day 0 (Arrival, Saturday):
- Arrive at New Chitose Airport, about noon. Go straight to my hotel in Sapporo not far from the station.

New Chitose is a pretty awesome airport, I'd recommend you stop at Ebisoba ramen before you leave. http://www.new-chitose-airport.jp/en/spend/shop/s146.html . Egg tarts (forget the name of store) are quite unreal too and would recommend you pick some up. I think they have a store in Sapporo maybe?

Are you able to do car rental? Hokkaido is very much a car place and I feel like you'll miss a lot without one.

paberu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 21, 2019