Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I'm in a weird spot with wanting to attend a concert when I visit in a few weeks

https://eplus.jp/sf/detail/0020530001-P0030209

It looks like it's lottery based and I can't sign up with a foreign address.

I wouldn't mind paying inflated after market prices but I have no clue how to go about that even when they do come up for GA sale. I gather it's a pretty big show with high demand

Anyone familiar with this vendor, venue, aftermarket that could walk me through it? Happy to buy an av or something :10bux: for the trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

If anyone in Japan with an eplus account would be willing to proxy purchase for me, DM please. GA sale starts Apr 6th at 10:00.

I can PayPal or similar in advance and would be happy to pay for your time and effort too!

Edit: Posted to the LAN thread too. Thank you for the heads up!

root of all eval fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Mar 26, 2024

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

We'll have some overlap with those dates and intend to check out a day of the sumo grand tournament. It's in Tokyo at that time, May 12th-26th.

We watch on NHK World streaming but it seems like a cool cultural event anyway. :kiddo:

Unlike concerts the ticket buying prices seems foreigner friendly.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Is the constantly crashing 5 step checkout process a bug or a conscious decision?

Trying to buy sumo tickets (and falling) was the most frustrating experience imaginable. Made it all the way to confirmation but never got charged and it revoked my server session.

On a brighter note I booked up one of the Yokohama industrial zone night cruises and that was pain free. Very excited as I love industrial areas

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I think you'd be surprised how English accommodating the major areas are. I'm sure if you are rural it's a different story but most critical signage is in dual language with English already.

Don't let that stop you from practicing and learning though! Just don't be afraid of an insurmountable language barrier either

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Having to print documents and send them to AAA with a physical check for $20 and passport photos in order to obtain an International Driving Permit that still requires my US driver's licence is the definition of archaic.

Someone please confirm this is actually necessary for a rental car, it feels like a joke

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Oh good deal, it wasn't clear if it was able to be resolved in person or if the office just mailed it off somewhere anyway. I'll call a few of the places nearby

Thanks!

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Plus in the US it's virtually impossible to anticipate a precise total on anything. If I weren't intimately familiar with the currency and how much I have I would just emotionally fold lol

Add on the cultural impatience for lines/queues and you get folks like me that will just stuff cash back bills in the first pocket to leave the zone of commerce as fast as humanly possible out of perceived guilt toward others.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

We're putting together a plan for a few days in Kyushu with a rental car. We want to check out parks in Kagoshima area after an overnight stay and meander our way north. We have a free night before a ryokan stay near Mt Taisen.

Any recommendations on overnight stays in Miyazaki prefecture, maybe along the coast line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

This is amazing