Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Pththya-lyi posted:

why use google street view when you have a perfectly good imagination

why imagine anything when you could just die instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I've had a couple homesickness/anxiety meltdowns before while traveling but never for more than a night or a couple hours, I cannot even begin to fathom the expense and effort of cutting short a trip like that rather than just pushing through, holy poo poo.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

Stringent posted:

That reminds me, is going to McDonald's with the express intent of staying there for like three hours just a Japan thing or are people doing this elsewhere as well?

As someone who lives in a place that's incredibly not-Japan (Louisiana)...yes, this is a thing everywhere

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

this thread has taken a real turn

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

I have a Japan question that's actually a Texas question

We're going to Houston for the weekend next month and our hotel is right across the street from a Gyu-Kaku. It's got good reviews on google but I also know it's got a ton of locations in Japan, so I'm asking here if it's worth a stop. Definitely seems good.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

LimburgLimbo posted:

go hog wild/go wild on hog

don't gotta tell me twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

holy poo poo those orange pistachio rolls, hook that right up to my veins