Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

lampey posted:

Do all the larger cities have a 5pm bell or just Tokyo?

Most cities and towns of any size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Aredna posted:

A wise man visits Nagoya once. Only a fool visits it twice.

15 years, zero visits.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Hiroshima is a very chill city to just hang out in. It seems to have a much more relaxed vibe than other similarly sized Japanese cities. Definitely not just a huge A-bomb museum.

Also go to a Carp game if at all possible.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Very funny that the foreign site makes you do full width/half width stuff. Good bit.

It's like making tourists visiting an izakaya participate in some light nomikai hazing as part of the experience.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
The doors of every pachinko joint lead to the same shared pachinko dimension.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Unfortunately I have yet to see a Western tourist in begging need of funds in Tokyo, because that would be a lot of loving fun.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Being a tourist in Japan feels terrifying.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Maybe ya'll shouldn't come.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Jesus, if you're that lazy, throw the coins on an IC and pay for stuff with that.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
It's done in the US, but there is definitely a generational divide. I try to stay away from using cash in the US because if the register is being run by someone under 25 they might BSOD.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Only white person who ever pulled off a sukajan is Rachel McAdams in Game Night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

RuBisCO posted:

Just got back from my Japan trip and had an amazing time. Among other things, I managed to collect goshuin from 72 shrines/temples in 4 goshuincho and it was such a fun and rewarding experience. Can't recommend it enough.

Accidentally pasted one on the front cover of the first book lol

Gabriel Grub fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 25, 2024