Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Delita
Jan 6, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

I've carved out the days I'm going to be in Japan, I'm just hammering out the details now. My current plan is depart from the UK Thursday the 29th and arrive in Tokyo the morning of the 1st, then my itinerary is going to be a few days in tokyo, followed by a few more in Kyoto, with day-trips to Nara, Osaka and Himeji, then heading further west to Hiroshima and Miyajima, before maybe stopping off for a day in Hakone before returning to Tokyo to leave on the 15th or March. Basically all the first-time tourism stuff.

Does anyone have recommendations for a solo traveller?

Get to Miyajima early. I decided to do the Hiroshima museum first because it was closer to my hotel but by the time I could get to Miyajima most of the stalls were closing and everyone was getting off the island.

Not sure what other tips to give ya besides Teamlab and the Yokohama Gundam was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delita
Jan 6, 2005
Go see the Gundam

Delita
Jan 6, 2005
But if you want to go to any of the tourist places in Kyoto without a huge crowd you'll have to go as early in the morning as you can.