Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

May I also recommend that after you dry and press your tofu that you cut it into cubes and deep fry and then salt it. This is delicious and versatile. Toss it in your favorite sauce for a snack or stir-fry it with whatever (peanut sauce and veg so good) and have it over rice.

In addition, have you tried pressed 5-spice tofu? Yum.

As for my street cred, I was vegetarian for a long time and vegan for a bit. But no longer. I still enjoy many of the meatless foods I used to, though.

One of my favorite go-to meals was this black bean pie thing in which you saute some carrot, onion, garlic, and fresh jalapeno; mix that up with some black beans and maybe corn, then top it with mashed potatoes (plus cheddar if you like) and bake it.

Another was bbq tempeh pizza. Get a pizza crust from wherever, toss tempeh cubes in bbq sauce, brush the sauce on the crust, top with mozz, cilantro, red onion, and the tempeh. Bake at the highest possible temperature until it's done. Delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread