Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

It's not the worst image ever or anything but it really doesn't fit in with the feel of the rest of the book.

You know how when you're having a picnic, sometimes you put a piece of food a little way away from your blanket so the ants will swarm it and leave you alone?

I kind of feel like that's what this picture is except the ants are furries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Crasical posted:

Uh, point of order, despite the love affair Pre-War Fallout America had with fusion power, in the actual games radiation is still deadly dangerous.
:goonsay:

That's a point of information. :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Adnachiel posted:

a Mona Lisa Drive Computer

HLUGHAHLUGHALHUGHALUGHBLUGHALUGHGALUH

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

Serpents, rods and staffs have always been phallic symbols. Ironically, so have brooms and magic wands. Now I want a a Promethea RPG - sounds like it would hit much of the same beats, but better. I think From Hell also talks about a magical patriarchy cult erasing goddess worship.

The enemies in the book somehow seem less scary than the modern Republican Party.

Can you think of a better symbol of toxic masculinity than sports? Hell in many places sports teams essentially are cults that can get away with all sorts of hosed up stuff.

Gotta say, 'THE PATRIARCHY IS AN EVIL CONSPIRACY. BURN IT ALL DOWN' would be a fun game in better hands.

Chocula man, I think I can tell what you're trying to say but hitching your wagon to this mess isn't going to help you get the point across.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Adnachiel posted:

She also sets a guy’s car on fire while his family was still inside because he dared to ask her for her insurance info when she ran into him.

Cotton Mather did nothing wrong.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doresh posted:

Aside from "Otherkin who think they are special and important, but aren't"?

Why be redundant? :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Spiderfist Island posted:

In addition to this, cross-splat play became more common than the developers originally predicted

I do not understand how this happens in any time after the year 1995. Everyone wants to play their favorite thing in a group with their friends' favorite things, SHOCKER.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

I'm not sure why Beasts are so hostile towards Demons, either because their themes are rather violently at odds with each other... or Matt might have had a falling out with Jess. But I haven't really heard one way or the other.

What does your heart tell you?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Make Lowtax in Chronicles of Darkness.

Also the skull dotting the i in "Chronicles" is making me irrationally angry.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ProfessorProf posted:

A Dog's Authority
You're acting on behalf of the King of Life. Whatever steps you must take, you are permitted, and nobody can complain. If someone has an issue, they can take it up with Him.

Brother Zachary is destroying Steward Joseph's branch. Joseph goes to the King of Life for guidance, and is told to see to Zachary's needs, serve him, help him, show him compassion. However, Steward Joseph is only human.

Your character comes to town. It's overflowing with sin and resentment. Very soon, Steward Joseph will do something terrible. People will get caught up in it. Bloodshed, sorcery, damnation. You only care what's best for the branch. So, you have Brother Zachary shot dead.

So Mormon Judge Dredd, then.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hyphz posted:

There is actually a slight issue in the system here. If you pull your gun, and the other guy says "whoa, there, calm down!" and you decide you actually should calm down and you put your gun away, there's no rules for clawing back the dice you got that you were supposed to be using for shooting. So suddenly, you become better at arguing because you pulled your gun and put it away again. It's a bit pedantic, but it's there.

I can buy this as intimidating the other guy by drawing down on him and getting a bonus to your argument for "whoa this guy is willing to shoot me". Of course, you only get that once, so if you draw, reholster, and draw again you've already played the killer card once so your opponent can't be surprised again and you get no further bonus.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I threw up a post to the qcs tech thread so hopefully zdr or someone will see it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Double Plus Undead posted:

I just don't want to play a game where my existence would cause people to start ritually murdering each other. I don't think that's a weird reaction to have?

I don't know, it's pretty gangster:

N.W.A. posted:

They put out my picture with silence
Cause my identity by itself causes violence

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

Also the main servent of the machine is Ben Linus from LOST, which GMC alludes to with the the crank turning racist
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WOnQ8CD3v4g - the title sequence is a good God Machine's Eye view of the world.

That actually looks rad, will check it out.

The God Machine really seems like it could be control-R swapped with the Bavarian Illuminati from Shea and Wilson's book and you wouldn't have to change anything else.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

I need to run that.
Given its huge fjord profile in geek culture, has there been an Illuminatus! RPG? I remember fjord all the White Wolf and LARP kids at my school carried Discordian pope cards.

fnord

Steve Jackson did an Illuminati book for GURPS and the Illuminati card games, plus the eye in the pyramid is SJG's mascot so they reference Illuminatus! nonstop. Delta Green, On the Edge, and Conspiracy X may also provide ideas though Con X is more like an X-Files RPG than a mystical conspiracy game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Count Chocula posted:

Isn't this an old anti-Semitic story?
Insomuch as Swiss bankers are often accused (and were sometimes guilty of) hiding Nazi war booty:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnomes_of_zurich

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kavak posted:

It's nice to be reminded of why I got out of White Wolf in the first place after reading about Beast.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kurieg posted:

Iron Gods does sound cool but I think reign in winter should be gone over first.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We have a Gundam thread that may be a better place for some of the branching conversation.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's common Australian slang for "friend" analogous to American "pal" or "bud" where it gets used by people who may not actually know you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

chaos rhames posted:

Thats way too many rules for demon pregnancy.

That's what I thought at first but on reflection they're big picture rules that help you build a story and not gross fetish poo poo like "color of milk leaking through mom's blouse in second trimester."

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

I've seen it a couple of times over the years. There are some really unsettling scenes, and I'm not talking about the computer seducing its victim with a laser light show and some synthesized smooth jazz.

It is unsurprisingly super rapey and outside of that has a dude getting his head exploded in finest 1970s practical effects. I would skip it unless you find yourself asking "what if Josef Fritzl and/or Ariel Castro was a mainframe?"

If you do ask yourself that, please go slam your dick in a car door for an hour and then seek therapy.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

It's kinda funny that they were so scared of prescient machines and then built a society that could be ripped apart by superhuman prescient conquerors/predators instead.

Well hey at least it's ALL NATURAL that way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

drat hippogriffgryphs need to pick a side already :mad:

do they go in the hippogriff bathroom or the gryphon bathroom

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

Given what horrorshows that Mengele put people through especially if you're unlucky enough to be a twin in Auschwitz, it's loving appalling to go 'hey, we'll use him in our Superhero Elf Games'.

That and the Gasser powers shows an astounding level of tone-deafness.

Get the gently caress outta here. Gasser powers? They really did that?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

gently caress gently caress gently caress. The monkey banging crack whore. The beer has just run out.

same

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Selachian posted:

Note that the pottery also shows both men and women without pubic hair, for much the same reason -- body hair was considered gross and animalistic, and a well-groomed ancient Greek would remove as much of it as possible.

Which just goes to prove: a penis shaved is a penis urned.

holy poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Falconier111 posted:

GURPS FANTASY II
5.5 – MORE GODS

Next time:

Don't doxx me, thanks.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

wiegieman posted:

Why do these "everything is hosed time to die slowly" games always take place in London? Can we do it in Chicago?

Wait, that's too much like real life.

The UK is similar enough to the US that you don't have to explain everything, but different enough to be a little exotic. Plus like someone mentioned, they got banged up by Germany in a way the US never will.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LeSquide posted:

Pinnacle's also been responsive to feedback about some issues people have found, and they've already released the second round of .pdfs, which is great. I backed it mostly for nostalgia reasons, but now I'm actually excited to run Rifts again.

Looking forward to Kevin making GBS threads on it in the foreword of the next Palladium book.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bieeardo posted:

That whole thing reads like a Shadowrun parody ad, but this is just beyond absurd.

That jumped out at me too.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BinaryDoubts posted:

Cryptomancer is, like the helpful banner above says, a fantasy roleplaying game about t hacking. It was created by two infosec professionals - Chad Walker and "Timid Robot Zehta" (no, I have no idea either) and it shows - the game is fastidiously concerned with encryption, informational control, and hacking, with all the other fireballs 'n' swords stuff as a distant afterthought.

You have my attention.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NGDBSS posted:

You may wish to expand that acronym, since otherwise it's caught by the filter. Alternately, you could just insert useless tags in the middle like so: HTH.

No dude leave it, the concept of "hand-to-hand combat" replaced with "I'm a huge prick combat" is cracking me up far more than it has any right to.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Traveller posted:

I just want you guys to know that Count Chocula has the second most posts in this thread after Mors, and he has never posted a review of anything.

please don't reply to white wolf stymie

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The otaku. Really.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

theironjef posted:

Real talk: a little gun that used a spring to shoot dice that came with some soft bullseye targets that have like an orc or a tyranid on them would be rad as hell for open gaming night.

CRITICAL HIT

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Traveller posted:

Legend of the Five Rings First Edition

Way of the Crab: Fortunate Sons

The Kaiu mon, a crab claw surrounded by bricks. Can crab claws even grab a brick?

All in all it's just another brick in the claw.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't engage white wolf stymie.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hostile V posted:

Also holy gently caress I remembered that Invisible Sun existed and went to look at the Kickstarter page and welp: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/invisible-sun

Minimum $200 to back.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress giving Wick a god drat nickel.