Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EARTH HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-DAY
TIME CUBE
WITHIN SINGLE ROTATION.
4 CORNER DAYS PROVES 1
DAY 1 GOD IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF TIMECUBE4
SIMPLE MATH IS RETARDATION
AND EVIL EDUCATION DAMNATION.
CUBELESS AMERICANS DESERVE -
AND SHALL BE CELEBRATED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

The Coalition States: Heroes of Humanity came out in 2016.

He's still wanking off his Nazi expys. Whether it's intentional or just stupidity is, as others have said, immaterial.

Ahahaha haha no loving way

OH MY GOD IT REALLY HAPPENED

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Congratulations on the end of the marathon, ARB!

Also the playbeing is, um, definitely a thing that happened in an official release.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I still don't understand Degenesis. It feels like a bundle of premises for low-budget post apoc movies, corny racist stereotypes, and honestly pretty good industrial metal album covers, in search of an actual setting.

The Cultures part became incomprehensible about halfway through though the Cults have been easier for me to follow. I still would never play in this terrible world full of awful societies and horrible people.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress, Monte?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Weird Flex but ok.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ok I think I finally got it: Eclipse Phase in fact sucks rear end and I can safely avoid it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Eclipse Phase: Second Edition

So uh, after that. Remember what wasn't in EP1? A section on transhuman dicktouching. EP2 has that, a section on transhuman dicktouching. Oh boy.

Yeah welp that happened in an official release.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LatwPIAT posted:

I'm sure someone thought they were very clever when they managed to make gender into a metaphor for gentrification

Has anybody said “gendrification” yet?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LatwPIAT posted:

I'm also not entirely sure what kind of social class we're supposed to figure the Inner System worker is. It's so weird that they're working one-day gigs and getting penalized for lengthy lunch breaks (also not working from home despite doing a programming job they have to rent their own space to work with, despite their commute being virtual

I read that as he was working from home but had to physically go somewhere over lunch break, got stuck in traffic, and ducked into a cyber-Regus to get back to work a few minutes late rather than go back home and get clipped even harder for being much later.

I agree with your overall evaluation though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

inklesspen posted:

Look, it's my username. It's not "Inkless pen", it's "inklesspen". (And, yep, I'm up to page 1117. Whee!)

Don’t take it personally; autocorrect is a cruel assistant.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:grovertoot:
:yosbutt:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ithle01 posted:

I'm glad to see more people calling out nano-technology as not 'hard sci-fi' because in reality its about as much nonsense as the Force, warp drives, or Harry Potter wizards.

Also, there already are objects that manipulate matter on the molecular scale - they're called 'cells', why do sci-fi writers not get this?

They’re natural and not man made so therefore they’re not science enough.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bieeanshee posted:

Flesh Party was more interesting when Rudy Rucker wrote it up as Merge.

Or K.W. Jeter as the orgynism.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AmiYumi posted:

Kobolds Ate My Baby!: Part IVb – Equipment and Audience Participation

His streak continues, getting 12 on 2D6: which, added to his two current KHDCs, is enough to result in Harry dying before even finishing character generation.

This sucked rear end when it happened in Traveler, too, and I don’t understand how it’s a possibility that gets included, even in joke games like this.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Greg Egan’s Diaspora is another excellent book dealing with transhumanity, forking, and questions of identity. He invents a bunch of physics so the book can be kind of hard to get into at first but the payoff is worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Except that's bullshit, and will never cease to be bullshit used in disingenuous argumentation, so...

And the French call orgasms “the little death” so I don’t know, maybe the nofap guys are onto something after all.