Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Was the knowledge of how disease basically erased native civilization even that embedded in popular historical consciousness when Maztica was written?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Trashmasters are the garbage trucks in Grand Theft Auto games.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Though maybe I just find something homey about forests that are constantly on fire.

Ah, you live in Northern California too?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Isn't that also Polish for gently caress/poo poo?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Frying pans are a lame gag weapon

A good, heavy baking sheet or griddle could actually hurt someone.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is the stuff I read the thread for. Reminds me of how Tagers in Cthulhutech are supposed to slowly gain insanity points but the roll to avoid gaining one uses their primary stat.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kult is an edgy little thing, isn't it?

Anyone planning on reviewing Sigmata?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Let's take Sigmata on its face and assume this fascist government has pissed off the religious right, the militia movement, AND the super-capitalists. How are they still in power? Are they about to be toppled? This sounds like a situation where you should be focused on outmaneuvering the other factions to become the new government. It's Iran in 1979- making sure everyone is working together should be subordinate to making sure Khomeini doesn't turn the country into a theocracy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Does Sigmata address fascist America's firearms laws? Because a mass gun confiscation could create a situation a little bit like the one it envisions- I still don't see the religious right being a rebel faction.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

They'd control the conservative holy land of Orange County.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why are every single one of these "edgy" RPGs always so loving BORING? Are they so laser focused on pandering to the "Scare the normies" type of GM that they forget to make the rest of the game work?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Please stop daring me to do things, I'm physically unable to refuse. :v:

Holy poo poo it's a Jenkem demon.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm kind of really late to this, having just read that Sigmata post, but I've developed a particular stick in my craw over the use of "populist" as a descriptor for figures like McCarthy:

Based on that interview with the author, I'd peg him as an extreme elitist who actually does fear populism in the sense of the masses pushing for things and making decisions, because the nice, smart people from the big blue states are supposed to be doing that for them. Like, I am not particularly radical, but he clearly worships/ed Hillary and talks like someone who has no skin in the political game beyond the "team" he doesn't like winning and being mean about it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

Our educational system is basically designed to make you terrified of any revolution that isn't about elections and free markets.

I would call that part a perfectly sensible fear. Gears of Defiance is definitely too cutesy and cartoony for its subject matter though, on top of the whole using a Lenin figure for the evil regime in a way that doesn't feel like a deliberate reversal or commentary.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

hyphz posted:

Ah, Iron Kingdoms. Where my alchemist bankrupted himself rebuilding bombs every session and couldn’t buy any improved gear. The GM gave him a sack of Hollywood bombs, which got even sillier.

Wait so he was throwing Heaven's Gate videotapes at people?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

That sounds awesome instead of racist though.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

RIFTS is the film that has an action-packed opener in the first 5 minutes, followed by 2 hours and 25 minutes of establishing shots and exposition. And the top billed actor (who is of course Cameron Mitchell) is only in it for 3 minutes.

So what's the RPG equivalent of the film selected to replace it on Best of the Worst after the group starts to die of boredom?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Judging off the last time they did that, I'd say playing a PBTA conversion of World of Synnibar.

So McCracken = Neil Breen, got it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Someone was doing a Sigmata review but they abandoned it, IIRC.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ronwayne posted:

Isn't "nazis fighting demons" something :vomarine: already covers?

And Rifts lacks any of the cool aesthetics or over-the-top factor. I mean, just one skull on the Zeppelin? You could've made the entire thing skull shaped!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nessus posted:

That, or you eventually figure out that none of this implausible bullshit makes sense, and The Executive is actually Nyarlathotep loving with the planet.

"But then why someone as unhealthy as McCarthy? Why didn't a nuclear war break out at some point with a U.S. this aggressive? What about the Eastern Blo-"
"I am the messenger of the Outer Gods, not a writer."

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Did they base that off the Shi from Fallout 2? They had a supercomputer as well. Black Isle was going to have the Enclave nuke them in Van Buren for good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Interstellar krokodil alligator, I fly a Chevrolet holo-theatre. Interstellar krokodil alligator, I fly a Chevrolet holo-theatre. Interstellar krokodil alligator, I fly a Chevrolet holo-theatre...