Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Another way to look at it is that it's WoD metaplot, so the best answer is "however the writer of the current splat book decides to dick with interpret it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

ProfessorProf posted:

I wish this had come up when it was still deal of the day.

The quick rundown:

• Tactical grid combat, most of the game's crunch is frontloaded into chargen.
  • Very light on built-in fluff to keep it setting agnostic - past, future, modern, anything's kosher as long as it's ridiculous and at least a little supernatural.
  • Mixed level/pointbuy system, where each time you level up you get more points and also get generally more powerful because what is anime without gradual power escalation.
  • As long as you focus on 2 or 3 stats to keep high, it's hard to build a character who isn't functional.
  • The big meat of chargen is Techniques, where you build your own 4e-style powers from the ground up - add a Core (Damage, Healing, Barrier, Boost, etc) to define what it does, modifiers (Ranged Technique, Blast Radius, Persistent Effect, Immobilizing Strike) to make it more fun, then Limits (Cooldown, lose Health, debuff self, require Valor) to reduce the cost.
  • Valor is a resource for all important characters that starts each scene at 0 and gradually builds over time / is doled out by the GM when you act properly dramatic and over the top. You can burn it 3 at a time to boost rolls or recover Health.
  • Get once-a-scene Ultimate Techniques every 5 levels that can either be big explodey super attacks or DBZ-style transformations.
  • Generic framework for non-combat scenes that makes them more involved than "roll a skill check a couple times", which I've seen used for infiltration missions, info gathering, social conflicts, iron chef cooking battles, and abstracted actual combat.

A friend of mine is prepping to run a One Piece game in it as we speak, it's more or less perfect for it. Gundam could work, although a lot of details would need to be abstracted (at least until we get our mecha splatbook out). People were talking about Pretty Cure / Sailor Moon earlier, also works great for that sort of thing.

I'd consider doing a writeup of it myself, but that seems kind of self-serving.
Man, that seems really loving cool and it's very intriguing.

But...

Twenty-five dollars.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Why am I tempted to not only buy this $25 game, but then F&F it so everyone can have their curiosities sated?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ooh, playing the longshot, huh? I'll take the safe bet and place my money on "handle it like a radfem would handle it".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

unseenlibrarian posted:

Other way around, IIRC the quoted bit elsewhere correctly- Transmen are forcibly detransitioned, transwomen aren't mentioned because presumably, the writer's enough of a TERF that they're counted as men, who you can't play.
I hate being right. :eng99:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Intersectionality, when used right, means "no oppression exists in a vacuum, patriarchy, institutionalized racism, heteronormativity, etc. are all branches of the same hosed up tree". When used incorrectly, it means "nuh uh, I'm more oppressed than you are!"

Hostile V posted:

I was wincing when I found out it came out in 2015.
Christ. It couldn't even have been, like, 2011? At least before Laverne Cox was a household name, or something.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

That is somehow both less worse and also more worse than I thought it would be. It doesn't even seem to be actively malicious just very... :psyduck:

It feels like the kind of thing written by someone who thinks they're being progressive.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo, is that the Papyrus font? Really?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kavak posted:

Theoretically, what would it take to nerf casters in 3.5? Ban the Wizard class (I've already done this)? Demand Concentration rolls all the time? Strip monsters of DR and maybe natural armor so fighters and rogues can actually damage them regularly?

I've got other questions about 4th edition, but that's for that thread.
Make a new edition/all new classes from the ground up, probably.

There are just too many things you can do with magic that render other classes obsolete.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Black August posted:

I don't get those types. Why are these people playing games when they just seem to want to make people angry and lose? Doesn't that get tiring and boring really fast? Where's the fun, the joy?
Well, if they lose, then you win, and if you win, you're better than them, and therefore have value as a human being.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just want you to know I appreciate that terrible joke/reference.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A lot of this flavor is actually really cool.

Edit I should really check if there's a new page before replying. I meant In Nomine's flavor. :v:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Mar 3, 2016

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I wish I knew OSR, I'd love a rundown of which retroclones were good and in what ways. How they differ, what their unique draws are, etc. Right now, the only one I have more than a passing knowledge of is Beyond the Wall, but just staring at a huge list of them doesn't really tell much.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Night10194 posted:

The single biggest flaw in 13th Age is the idea of 'some classes will be complex, some simple' as a design goal. It's just not a good idea at heart, because it translates into 'some classes will have interesting things to do, some will not.' It's still a really good replacement for d20, though, and definitely very playable and pretty easy to run.
Ideally, every class or concept would have some simple options and some complex options, so you wouldn't be shoehorned into or out of certain roles based on your preferences, and they'd be at least roughly balanced.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w

Not quite related, but very close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Still, I don't think 'easy class' should have a monopoly on any concept as broad as "person who hits things with a sword". Neither should 'complicated class', honestly.